DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Off to Fiji!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

Just letting you know that I'll be off to Fiji tomorrow - escaping to tropical paradise for 6 days! It's winter over here at the moment so it'll be nice to get some warm sunshiney weather for a bit. There is supposed to be free wifi in the resort so I'll try to check in once in a while but no guarantees...

In a bit of a shock decision, I've decided not to bring along my Canon 7D, opting instead to use my wife's Canon compact and also a little waterproof camera for snorkelling. I just thought being on the beach all day and in the water, it'll probably be a bit impractical lugging 2kg of gear around, worried about it getting stolen, soiled with sand, etc.

Anyway, see you all in a bit!

Julian
What did he say – he's buying a Fuji??? Big Grin

Have a great trip, and I wholeheartedly support the idea of just bringing the compact and a waterproof camera. They're fun.
Have a great trip... when I go on vacation these days it's a hard choice... Golf gear or Camera Big Grin
I also thought "but he doesn't have a Fuji...."

Have you and your family a great trip Jules... Smile
I also have to admit that I was wondering why someone who lives in Australia would need to go away on vacation – but then I remembered: "Melbourne". Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Have fun Jules! Talk to you soon.
I thought Fiji was in the southern part of the world, therefore it will be winter there as well. :/
I know it's not in europe anyway. Big Grin

Its high summer in the UK, and peeing it down at the moment, with balmy temperatures around 15-18 C. Brr. Cool

Have a nice holiday.
Have a nice trip dear Julian,

Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia
Yep, I thought he said "Fuji" as well.
Have a good one. Big Grin