DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: LCD Post View
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, just playing with my camera yesterday and noticed that if I switch the post-view function off (some call it a preview - i.e. shows the image after taking a shot) my shot to shot time almost doubles! However, you lose the ability to immediately verify shots.

Hm... my thinking is that I should just forget about the post-view just snap lots of photos - you can always delete them later, right? However, if there's a critical shot, and someone had their eyes closed... I might not discover it until later.

What do you all do? Do you use the post-view?
I stopped using it on my first camera after the first set of batteries were fried in under 60 shots!

Haven't used it on any camera since. I don't use the LCD for framing shots either, not that that is an option on the rebel.
I have review on, I set it to review for 2 seconds - enough time for me to look at the histogram to ensure that nothing is over/underexposed Big Grin
As an addendum to my post, I would add that after I have taken a few shots, I will review them to check exposure etc, before continuing to fire off more shots.
My A2 has a pretty good system - I set the review to display, but if I touch the shutter release button - it immediately cancels and goes to photo capture mode.

So if it is not critical, you can review - but you can also cancel it if you don't want to spend the time.
Bit the same here, shutter will still fire even with an image displayed it disappears as soon as you press the shutter down half way.
True, but some cameras don't have that function unfortunately... :/
Wow, I am the only one not previewing!
I have set to post-view with the histogram on.. and the same as for most of the guys here, once I push the shutter, the camera shuts up and does what it's told. Currently what it does is take poor quality photos, which is not what I'm telling it to do... so with this topic I will blame that on post-viewing. Smile

I have it set to 2 seconds also, if I'm shooting around family, they'll typically wanna get their paws in and have a look so I might increase the review.. but otherwise I only review to check the histogram (such as what Adam said).
Not the only one not previewing English. I've got a DRebel as well and my preview is off. If I need to view a shot immediately, we have the option to show it on the lcd at the press of a button. Even with the LCD preview/review I find quite often that the pic I reviewed isn't as good as I thought. But that is probably a reflection on my aging eyes and poor photographic abilities.... Tongue
At least you're shooting digital, instant feedback Tongue so you can just take the shot again (unless it was a moment which could never be perfectly reproduced again!!!!)

My review is on, but I don't always look at it - especially if I'm shooting many pictures in a short period of time; I just press the shutter button and keep shooting.

sort of like... Shoot now, aim later... well, not exactly like that Wink