DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: reputation and warnings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see the new threads have the above: what bells do we need to ring to make these puppies move!?
Heh heh - I have almost 7% of all the Shuttertalk posts since the beginning of time, and my reputation is 0. If I "report" your post, Zig, maybe that will trigger a warning and raise your reputation to "young offender".
There you go, Zig - now you have a reputation of "1" thanks to me...
Hehe yes, on the bottom left of each post, there's an obscure button.

[attachment=12]

Click it and you'll have the opportunity to add either a positive or negative reputation to a user.

I'm still getting used the software myself but I think warnings are only given by moderators and admins, if you're being naughty. Big Grin
Outstanding!!(yeahyeah, do me, do me, etcWink

We could have a Badass of the Year award!
(er, that's not a naughty word in the US is it?)

Awthanks!: now gotta very small reputation Smile

Ha! I bite my thumb at those of no reputation whatsoever!...weeehee...I'm melllltttting, etc; ...but of course, size doesn't matter....
Big Grin
Hey, contain your enthusiasm there, or I may have to give you a warning! Big Grin Big Grin
When you get a warning do you lose a rep point.
Not that I care about rep points, or the number of posts. More to do with the content.

They are independent. Reputation allows users to rate other users for their friendliness, helpfulness and knowledge. Warnings are a way for mods and admins to warn others that this person's behaviour may be suspect.

Although I assume that if both systems were in full use, both would naturally correlate.