DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: David Hockney v Don Schaeffer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was watching a program about David Hockney (the artist) who has now got the whole of the Royal Academy of Arts in London for an exhibition.
I was quite interested in how he described things and why he paints in such strange ways.
After clicking the link below - Click on 'about the exhibition' and then 'Click here to view a gallery of images'.
http://www.royalacademy.org.uk/exhibitions/hockney/
A lot of these paintings are of Yorkshire UK, my county of birth. Hockney was also born in the town where I was born. (Never met him)

They remind me in a loose way of Don's style (Both photo's and paintings).
I don't comment as much as I probably should, but I do view them.
(Feb 28, 2012, 17:56)NT73 Wrote: [ -> ]I was watching a program about David Hockney (the artist) who has now got the whole of the Royal Academy of Arts in London for an exhibition.
I was quite interested in how he described things and why he paints in such strange ways.
After clicking the link below - Click on 'about the exhibition' and then 'Click here to view a gallery of images'.
A lot of these paintings are of Yorkshire UK, my county of birth. Hockney was also born in the town where I was born. (Never met him)

Yeah but he's a real artist and I'm just a nameless amateur.
(Feb 28, 2012, 18:58)Don Schaeffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 28, 2012, 17:56)NT73 Wrote: [ -> ]They remind me in a loose way of Don's style (Both photo's and paintings).

Not on Shuttertalk or Amazon. Rolleyes Big Grin
He was nameless when he started. He did a painting of Bradford Town Hall and a few other landmarks and it was used on the Telephone Directory cover. I think mine is gone by the wayside now.
(Feb 28, 2012, 18:58)Don Schaeffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 28, 2012, 17:56)NT73 Wrote: [ -> ]I was watching a program about David Hockney (the artist) who has now got the whole of the Royal Academy of Arts in London for an exhibition.

Humble, I like it.

Interesting link, some very nice artwork shown there.