DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: What OS/Setup do you have?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's been a while since we've had one of these threads so I'm just wondering what OS and setup everyone has for their workstations?

I have a 21.5 inch iMac (running OSX obviously) but my wife has actually taken that over... haha. So I'm currently getting by on a 13 inch Macbook Pro. It's quite funny actually with the small screen size - in Lightroom if I have both the left and right panes open, the viewable area is only 1/3 of the width of the screen. Big Grin

Also all the photos live on an external HDD connected to the iMac so I sync it to an external drive (which doubles as an offsite backup) and then use that connected to my Macbook. I find it's too slow if I try to browse over the wireless network.

Anyway I digress... what is everyone rocking at the moment?
Since the last time, we had a thread like this, I have bought a 27" iMac. I also have Bootcamp configured so that I have a Windows 7 partition (for games and a few apps that Mac don't run). I have a external drive for backups. I run PhotoShop CS5 and Lightroom 3.
(Mar 6, 2012, 00:54)Toad Wrote: [ -> ]Since the last time, we had a thread like this, I have bought a 27" iMac. I also have Bootcamp configured so that I have a Windows 7 partition (for games and a few apps that Mac don't run). I have a external drive for backups. I run PhotoShop CS5 and Lightroom 3.

Dell (about $ 500) running Windows 7 (Mac may be better, but all my software is for Windows, so I will not switch). Dual monitors. An oldie which can no longer be properly color managed as an auxilary and Dell 30" (inch) monitor (which is great). CS5 and NIK plug-ins
I use CS5 and Lightroom too.

I used to use Windows 7 for work but now have consolidated both work and play on my MacBook. Funnily enough some programs for work only run in Windows (Microsoft Visio is one) so I have windows running in a virtual machine for the odd occasion.
24" i-Mac 2.8 GHz intel core 2 duo. Crucial 4GB memory OSX 10.5.8

Photoshop CS. I have a "borrowed" CS2 but as CS is doing all I need, then I leave the crack to the crackheads. Confused
Me and my wife use the Mac.

I also have a 17" Acer laptop mainly used for scanning, as the Mac is not supported with the scanner I have. It made sense at the time to have one (also) for when the Mac was occupied (wife)

Sundries.
Dual Quad Core Mac Pro, MacBook Air 13" 256GB 2011 model.

Software is LR3 (soon to be LR4) and CS5.

Back-up to separate internal hard drive, Drobo and offsite DVD's.

I'm running a soon to be 6 year old Intel Dual Core 3.2ghz, still runs like a champ. Updated graphics card and am running 23" and 20" dual LG Flatron LED monitors. When i am on the road I have an Asus 17" laptop.

Running CS2 and 4 (prefer 2 to 4 as 4 is kind of clunky on my system), bought lightroom, but haven't used it in over 2 years, still prefer ACDsee.

Just bought our first house, and plans to get a new PC and CS5 were put on hold.