DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Lady Washington
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the Lady Washington is a replica of a brig that sailed the waters of the Northwest back in the late 1700's. the replica sails up and down the west coast, along with her companion the Hawaiian Chieftan, staging mock battles and educating people about life aboard the 'tall ships'. this shot was taken from probably half a mile away, and with the total lack of any modern references, could have been taken in 1790, had someone back then had a Canon 40D and 100-400 lens! ;D

[Image: IMG_2795sms.jpg]
I like the composition of this shot. I would like to see what this looks like with a bit of a sepia tone.
Beautiful shot. Do you have any others & do you have any of the ship up close?
(Mar 9, 2012, 09:55)lcburns Wrote: [ -> ]Beautiful shot. Do you have any others & do you have any of the ship up close?

thanks! i do have others, but none of the ship up close... she cruises up and down the west coast every summer, and i expect she'll be back in the Seattle area this year. with luck, i'll have an opportunity to get some closer shots!