DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: My New Tele!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got myself a new Tele! And no, not the thing which you watch in your living room, but a brand spanking new electric guitar! And in red too! Smile

[Image: DSCF3295.jpg]

[Image: DSCF3297.jpg]

[Image: DSCF3298.jpg]

I went with my bro today to the music shop, and was looking to buy an electric guitar on a budget. Tried out the Yamaha Pacifica Strat, which was supposed to be one of the best budget ones out there. Then tried out two imitation Les Pauls (Legend), and then came across this Fender Squier Affinity Series Telecaster.

The sound absolutely got my attention straight away, so I knew it was the one! Yeah baby! Throw in a nice hardcase and $410 buckeroos later (AUD), and I was a happy chappy! Smile

Now, to learn to play it properly... Smile
Oh cool! Are you learning right now also? Smile
Yay!!!! Big Grin

Rock on bro!
Nice!

What were you using b4?
Oh I never had an electric before... always borrowed someone elses when I need to play.

My style is usually rhythm guitar, and I've got a steel string semi-accoustic, which will take the back seat now that the Tele is here! I have to start learning how to adjust my playing style to the electric, playing lead, and solos and stuff like that... Smile
Hehehe - I charge $45/hour for lessons... Big Grin
shuttertalk Wrote:I went with my bro today to the music shop, and was looking to buy an electric guitar on a budget. Tried out the Yamaha Pacifica Strat, which was supposed to be one of the best budget ones out there. Then tried out two imitation Les Pauls (Legend), and then came across this Fender Squier Affinity Series Telecaster.

The sound absolutely got my attention straight away, so I knew it was the one!

I looked at the Pacifica too, and it just didn't feel right to me. Squier has really improved in quality over the past couple of years, and they seem to represent very good value.

Nice new toy!
Exams are over, so it's guitar-time for me too!
and cameratime!
adam Wrote:Exams are over, so it's guitar-time for me too!
and cameratime!

Well done Adam!

I bet you're relieved arent you? Smile
Hooray for adam! How did you go with the exams?

How many months of holidays do you have? (*feeling of jealousy rising*) Big Grin