DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Man Preparing for Prayer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=612]

Oil crayon and graphite from cell phone self-portrail
The contrasting colors pull you into the image. Yet, I see the unknown in his face in the shadows. His hand shows that he is reaching out. Thank you for sharing with us!
Thanks Barbara. One hand holds a shopping bag containing his Talit. he other hand holds his I-Phone with which he took the photo I draw from.
It is really unique how when we view a photo or painting, the different interpretations that we may see. The really nice thing is that each one tells a special story that some of us will come to know and to some of us there will be hidden meaning (or mystery).

As I viewed the image again, I see the bag now. Thank you for taking the time to share inspiration from the heart!
I think the title is just as powerful, as initially we cannot determine how the man must be preparing for prayer, only upon closer inspection and when you said the man was holding a bag containing his prayer shawl. Because his eyes seem deep set there is an air of mystery that is added to the photo, it looks to me like he is in dire need of help and this approach to prayer is not an ordinary one. A great story teller, this work of art.
Thanks Barbara and Games