DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Textures and Layers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I find that adding textures and layers to photos can add depth and visual interest. Thoughts? See an example of a photo I added textures to here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brananm/7977602422/

I added an attachment but I can't seem to make it show up...

[attachment=627]

(Oct 7, 2012, 21:37)BrandyMaeD Wrote: [ -> ]I find that adding textures and layers to photos can add depth and visual interest. Thoughts?

Textures and layers indeed can add depth and visual interest. On the other hand, if I haven't read we're talking about the photo, I would say your picture is painted, not photographed. I am watching photos and paintings as two different categories, so adding that much of layers and textures is a bit too much for me. It would still be a great photo, with just some basic adjustments, but that's just me Shy
(Oct 10, 2012, 03:11)Korry Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 7, 2012, 21:37)BrandyMaeD Wrote: [ -> ]I find that adding textures and layers to photos can add depth and visual interest. Thoughts?

Textures and layers indeed can add depth and visual interest. On the other hand, if I haven't read we're talking about the photo, I would say your picture is painted, not photographed. I am watching photos and paintings as two different categories, so adding that much of layers and textures is a bit too much for me. It would still be a great photo, with just some basic adjustments, but that's just me Shy

HA! That's funny! THIS IS NOT A PAINTING OR A PHOTO OF A PAINTING!

This is a photo I took of an old barn. I added in a texture that looked like brush strokes. You just proved my point. Textures can change a photo an add interest. You yourself thought it was a painting. Thanks for your comment! Wink