DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: The Black Sea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone. Here's a picture of the Black Sea I took in Vama Veche, this summer.
The exposure time was about 30 seconds. It was somewhat heavily processed in Lightroom 4 and Alien Skin's Exposure film simulation plugin. I added some blur on the left and right, and also some grain. I also cropped the beach. My purpose was to achieve a minimalistic moodscape.
I don't know about the blur, I think the photo would turn out better without it. Other than that, I really like the blue tint of the sky and the composition!
Very minimalist. This could be any sea.
I don't like the blur to be honest, it makes the photo look cheapish. It would be difficult to say what it is all about if one didn't know,it could as well be for example a wall. It would be better if there was some element to show it's a sea. I like the colors and minimalism though.
This resembles Hiroshi Sugimoto's seascapes a bit Big Grin I really, really like the saturated color!
Did you see the "most expensive photograph ever sold?" This looks a lot like it.
Thank you all for pondering on it Big Grin
I love minimalism. Really. And saturated colors. Blur not so much. I'm not sure that photo would look stunning when printed on the giant screen tho. Big Grin