DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Iphone Photography Anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My iphone has pretty much replaced carrying around a dslr when I'm just out and about. I work within it's limitations and in fact use it's flaws as a camera as a creative element. Do any of you shoot with your iphone for fun? If so, I'd love to see your snaps! I'm going to make a gallery under my profile for my iphone stuff if any of you want to check it out...

[Image: seedpod.jpg]

[Image: featheryplant.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0939.JPG]

[Image: IMG_1506.JPG]

Nice! I love the ability of having your camera phone with you to get some last minute pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Awesome photos, congrats on getting that out of an iPhone. Might I recommend you look into the Nokia Lumia 920, it's got the most advanced camera of all smartphones - I dare say it's even comparable with older-generation compact cameras!
I love my iphone though!
That's exactly how I felt, then I got to play with a Windows Phone. Amazing difference, I sold my iPhone within a week Smile
If you took an infinite number of monkeys, and sat them in front of an infinite number of typewriters, eventually they would write all the great books.

I suppose the same could be said for phones. Eventually.

I am one of the old school. I get gas from the Gas services, Electric from the Electricity board, and food from a supermarket. Why would I want a phone that takes pictures? Bear in mind - being deaf, a phone is not a bit of use to me. Big Grin
(Dec 12, 2012, 04:09)NT73 Wrote: [ -> ]Bear in mind - being deaf, a phone is not a bit of use to me. Big Grin

Well that's a twist! Basically, for me a phone is a computer you always carry around. Facebook, Twitter, mail, messages, shuttertalk (!), movies, photos, a million other things, all in one. Cool gadget Big Grin
That is why I have the iPod. Same thing more or less without the phone bit and no charges.
I love the colors in the first one! I would frame that and hang it on my wall. I can't believe that's a photo from a phone... I'm jealous.
Lovely images, they have such vivid colors, but I presume the lightning conditions helped a lot!
Personally, I only got around playing with a Galaxy S3 some months ago(I don't own it) and it got me a bit drawn into the world of instagram and cool photo apps. Nonetheless, I still believe a camera is for photography and a phone is for comunicating and that quality doesn't even begin to compare, but I do think this is a growing trend and people tend to follow more and more because it's fun and spotaneous and it gives you the posibility to share right away. I just haven't got completely sucked in, I guess...
Hi Alessya!
You're absolutely correct, a phone is for communicating and because they now have cameras they aren't limited to just communicating via sound anymore but visually as well.

You're also spot on with regards to the fun and spontaneous aspect of it. I can't speak for every working pro, but for me, I stopped taking a camera around with me and doing the fun shots, the phone has brought that back for me and I'm thankful.

Lighting deos make or break a shot and the iphone is no different. It has a pretty decent dynamic range (for what it is) vut too much contrast will kill it. Fortunately you can tell the phone what to focus on and what to establish exposure on so you have some latitude.

I guess I just enjoy photography and this is just a little play tool to create fun shots with... I wanted to create a gallery to show some of the shots I've done but it looks like we're limited to only 4 galleries here. I'll make one on my website, http://eyesofman.org/iphone_shots/
Lovely gallery you have there! I especially enjoyed the 16th and the 18th image Smile