DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Subjects, what do you prefer to photograph.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sure everyone has a favorite subject, what do you like to take pictures of?

For me it's lanscapes and animals... hoping to start and take more wildlife pictures in the new year, once I get my hands on a nice long Canon, with some L glass and IS.
I love capturing a good scenary... I like being able to show the colours of the moment.. I'd love to be better at portraits and low light situations.
Yep, landscapes for me... I'd like to start doing some more cityscapes but they're a bit tougher...
landscapes, abstracts, some architecture.

i'm pretty much hopless when it comes to people though. Sad
Same for me, I feel they spoil the view!
Er, um, ... people. Big Grin
EnglishBob Wrote:Same for me, I feel they spoil the view!

well, that's not exactly what i meant... Wink

taking pictures of people, whether posed or candid, always turns out to be an ordeal for me. the pictures come out either like snaps or totally crap. i really admire those who take great people pics.

it's one of the areas i've always wanted to get into, but haven't really got the hang of it, yet.
EnglishBob Wrote:Same for me, I feel they spoil the view!
I tend to find they spoil the mood... I've discovered that I much prefer to shoot alone. I always feel rushed shooting people. Even shooting landscapes, etc. when I'm with people is uncomfortable...
Definitely landscapes, architecture and still life (flowers etc.). Moving things like people... I find challenging Big Grin
I like urban street photography. I like to grab photos of people and their environments.
Grrrranimals! Big Grin
I like animals too, that's why I am thinking I need a longer lense.
Either it's a longer lens, or a "see how close you can creep up to the animal without it noticing you".
Been there, tried that.... have many long shots of birds in flight..... Big Grin
Well, I don't have a long experience taking pictures but, in spring and summer I just take pictures of flowers. In autumn trees and probably landscapes... Winter don't know... it is too cold...

People... I am sometimes afraid that they get angry if I take a picture of a place with people. I'd like very much to take pictures of kids, but you never know if the parents get angry, and if you start asking permition to take the picture and give explanation the moment for the picture is gone... As for me to take pictures of people is difficult...
Irma:

You have to find a duck blind--a hideaway you can take pictures from. Busses and car windows work great. You just have to be fast.

--Don
Busses will work for me... I'm still a little clumsy with the setting of my camera Smile
hi sorry for my very late post

I love to shoot anything that moves.

Regards

Christian
You sound like a hunter
Hi Adam

Just a joke... love my camera, love what I do for a living,

Cya