DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Interesting View Points in Digital Photography
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you gain an interesting view point in digital photography? Here are some tips/ideas to add to your view points when photographing:

View your subject from a variety of angles including:

by rooftop
by balcony
by car/roadside
laying on the ground
by boat/riverside
from the lowest possible level

From any possible point in a 360 degree circumference around the view point.

What possible level can you obtain to see a different view point of your subject?

Have you shot some interesting points of view while using digital photography?
Oh, yes! Thread for me! Changing the point of view from 'standard' to your very own is what will make the photo unique, even if you are shooting the most boring subject or something seen on hundreds of photos before. Also, shooting animals often require crawling, climbing, laying, almost flying.. Big Grin Some time ago I was really uncomfortable moving around the place to find the best possible angle and I was all like - what will other think if I lay on the floor or stand on the chair to make a photo, but that 'fear' is gone and now I just lay on the ground if I think it will give me the better angle. At the moment I really enjoy 'ground' photos like this one...

[Image: 8215836853_a18282340e_z.jpg]

Korry - this is great...I am still in that area of "what will people think" which really I shouldn't be because I usually do not even care. But, I think it is because I have so much to learn in photography that I have to find my comfort zone (that could be a thread all to its own - LOL). Great photo, too.

I agree with Barbara here, that many times before we position ourselves to take a snap, we have already imagined what it would look like. And then we go on to bother about what people would think about this photo, whether they will like it or not etc etc .. I too used to think about it a lot but then I realized, photography is an art, a medium of expressing what "I" think, what "I" see in front of me and most importantly what "I" interpret !

I guess as photographers, no matter how amateur we are how a self turned pro, we should always think about what "WE" think the subject in front of us conveys. What other think should be the least of our worries.

Cheers
Samy
(Mar 29, 2013, 10:58)samyshah Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with Barbara here, that many times before we position ourselves to take a snap, we have already imagined what it would look like. And then we go on to bother about what people would think about this photo, whether they will like it or not etc etc .. I too used to think about it a lot but then I realized, photography is an art, a medium of expressing what "I" think, what "I" see in front of me and most importantly what "I" interpret !

I guess as photographers, no matter how amateur we are how a self turned pro, we should always think about what "WE" think the subject in front of us conveys. What other think should be the least of our worries.

Cheers
Samy

I think she was talking more about what will people think if they see her crawling on the street Big Grin but I agree with you - what other people think should be the last thing on everyone's mind..worrying about what others think can't get anyone anywhere.

A revelation for me was buying a disposable underwater camera. The image quality is so-so, but the experience is really fun.