DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Welcome break
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Spotted having a break from the Christmas shopping.

[Image: lunchtime.jpg]

Polly
.......... and some street entertainment courtesy if an Ice Sculptor. The only large chunk of ice I've seen this year, so far!

[Image: sculptor.jpg]

Polly
I like the first one on a technical basis - nice composition and use of DOF. Big Grin
I really like the daring restaurant photo. How did you do it?

--Don
Don Schaeffer Wrote:I really like the daring restaurant photo. How did you do it?

--Don

Nothing special or particularly daring. I was just walking along slowly browsing the shops, watching the street entertainers and taking a few shots as I went along.

The lady is idly watching the Ice Sculptor who was working away on the bandstand opposite and to her right.

The area is a tourist spot quite near our home. The shops and restaurants are always open at the w/e, including Sunday when there's often some family activities going on - so it's not too dificult to merge with the crowd and take pix as that's what the tourist are all doing (coachloads of them!)

I think that one was taken at about 45mm. I was using the Tamron 28-300mm at the time. 400 ISO as it was very dull - not too cold though so it was quite pleasant outside.

Polly
Hi Polly,

The first one is really great! I think your picture proyects nicely the ambience of the place... I like it.
Irma Wrote:Hi Polly,

The first one is really great! I think your picture proyects nicely the ambience of the place... I like it.

Thank you Smile

It's an area that's always changing, always something different going on. Rarely boring, nice for the tourists - but not always so good for the local people who just want to park and get to the shops! :o

Polly