DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Music we like
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have posted in General Talk because this isn't really MUSUCIANS talk, it is Music lovers talk =). I am just curioud what kind of music we all like/listen to, I personally refuse to listen to any comercail music and I support the smaller non-comercail bands and have been recenly listening to a lot of Creative Commons music, Mostly music from Ordio and the WIRED CD: Rip. Sample. Mash. Share. There is so much talent out there that we will most likely never on cover and I like to go out and dig around for it =)
Mostly 70's and 80's Rock, but I listen to anything, as long as it has some heart. Can't stand techno crap.
Well of course I love latin music, salsa, reggae, bachata, trova cubana, merengue and so on... but I also like Rock, 70's and 80's.. I can't understand techno music or that heavy metal music...
That's a very interesting perspective dewy... a while back (before it shut down) I used to listen to Jazz artists who published their music for free on mp3.com. You're right - there is a lot of undiscovered talent out there.

I too tune in to commercial radio - I mostly listen to Christian rock and Christian praise and worship.

Thanks for the link by the way - visiting it now...
I also like rock of the 60's to current but mostly the earlier stuff. I also love blues. Rockin' blues. Wink
I just got a very cool Christmas album: "Go Tell it on the Mountain" by the Blind Boys of Alabama. It's gospel but VERY bluesy and a little bit rockin' too. If you're looking for something different from the traditional holiday tunes, take a listen. Smile
shuttertalk Wrote:I mostly listen to Christian rock and Christian praise and worship.

Hey ST,

I downloaded a bunch of songs from iTunes and made a compilation Christian Rock CD. It hasn't left my CD player since! Here is the song list - do you listen to any of the following?

Come One, Come All by MercyMe
Blessed Be Your Name by Tree 63
The Space In Between Us by Building 429
Spirit by Switchfoot
Here I Am to Worship by Jeremy Camp
Heart Cries Holy by Big Daddy Weave
Shine On by MercyMe
Here With Me by MercyMe
Let That Be Enough by Switchfoot
This Is Your Life by Switchfoot
On Fire by Switchfoot
Hallelujah (Your Love Is Amazing) by Phillips, Craig & Dean
Breathe by Rebecca St. James
Glory of Your Name by Watermark
When the Rain Comes by Third Day
Sunny Days by Jars of Clay
Disappear by Bebo Norman
Dare You to Move by Switchfoot
He Reigns by Newsboys
I've heard of Mercy Me, Rebecca St. James, Third Day and Newsboys ... sounds like my kind of music! Smile

iTunes store? The Australian iTunes store hasn't opened yet Sad