DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: How to generate a deal for your photography business?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I am thinking of using Groupons or some other provider to create a deal to project my photography service for people to buy the deal and hire me to work on some baby shoots, wedding shoots etc.

Does anyone know how one can set this up?

Cheers
Samy
Hi Samy,

I found this link on advertising on Groupon: http://www.wikihow.com/Advertise-on-Groupon

However, make sure you look into the situation, I've heard that many businesses that advertise on Groupon end up regretting it ( http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/ne...-deal.html ). Basically, people (deal hunters from Groupon) come just for the sale and never return.
In my country we have the same setting like Groupon but same as Knox said they end up regretting either the supplier or the company that is the same as groupon. I'm not good as to generate a deal in photography but instead I join bridal fairs coz for there the viewers is your potential client who is really looking for quality first than price.
Oh I forgot for advertising photography just send them personally any portfolio you have or atleast let them know you exist. It will have to wait for sometime but atleast show them your company presence so when they have a project that will be needing a photographer your numbers are there are ready to place a BID. Also I do know that there are some agencies out there that are looking for advertising photographers coz every client have different likes and wants for their images and so is every photographer have different style and ways to capture images.
(Jul 1, 2013, 17:15)PhotoPlay Wrote: [ -> ]In my country we have the same setting like Groupon but same as Knox said they end up regretting either the supplier or the company that is the same as groupon. I'm not good as to generate a deal in photography but instead I join bridal fairs coz for there the viewers is your potential client who is really looking for quality first than price.

That's a smart call! How do you go about advertising in bridal fairs? Do you rent a booth, give flyers?
If I were shopping a bridal fair and came to a photography booth - what would make me stop there? Well, if I seen some gorgeous photo shoots on a nicely organized table - I would be willing to stop. I think the table should be extravagant and hold a nice portfolio to view. I would be interested in taking some info with me as well - professional business card as well as flyers with info.

Just some thoughts from a woman's view! Visually appealing lures us in!
Before I hire someone to give flyers not rent some booth but nothing came back. All they did was inquire and that's it never heard from them again. Rented a booth the second time and had to see the difference between other flyers. Your booth should stand out from the rest. More on presentation of your booth, simplicity, comfortably of your customers to sit in on that moment and discuss things with you. Present your image in a very stunning way. There are lot of photographers present their image in the same venue but some only stand out on how they capture it so make sure yours does stand out. And be prepared to make a sales pitch and good promo. Instead of giving discount add additional freebies that has no expense or a little on it but still good deal on their views. Also the important thing is make sure you are there. Create a rapport, assure them your quality but never talk about comparisons from other price. When they brought it out just nod and say nothing and smile. This give them something to think about and not you lure to them to their deal. but instead you luring them to your expertise. Act like a professional that you have many clients and treating them as a special one. Be humble and be nice even if their not. Most importantly impress the bride or the mother in laws or whoever you think is the most have the authority to decide. If you get to impress them you'l have bookings. Groom don't mind at all. they're just there to support the fiance and give debate. But hen you get to impress the bride they'll definitely want you to cover their event.
Great interesting inputs all around. Thanks a lot everyone! Makes me go back to the drawing board and figure out the best ways of promoting my photography service locally Smile

I do agree the best way is word of mouth and try and work on some low budget assignments to build a portfolio to flaunt.