DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: pictures of your gear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since we all love photography and music, use your photography take pictures of your musical gear Smile
Note: not doing this to show off, just for some fun, combining two things we love!
I haven't got a picture of our acoustic guitar yet, but here is strat
[Image: IMG_5169%20(Small).JPG]
I have several instrument pics, and if I could succesfully link here, I'd show some!! Sad
Here's what I use to play music... Big Grin

[Image: DSCF2350.JPG]
your music playing machine is so high tech Tongue
Yeah, that orange light changes to purple too... woo Smile
No linky piccy!! Sad

Used the [img] *** [/img], and got a red "X"

Sad
I think I used the url an not the img - and it worked fine....
Rufus Wrote:Bass and 9 inch Drums
[Image: ac%20bass%20and%20model.jpg]

Coil In Space
[Image: coil%20in%20space%20xtra%20compress.jpg]

Orbital Axe
[Image: Orbital%20axe.jpg]

Sax Six Four
[Image: Sax%20Six%20Four.jpg]
Ahhh... ah thing of beauty! Big Grin But where's the rest of the guitar?
Heheh looks like something off Red Dwarf....
Coolness! Wouldn't have known what it was if you didn't tell us!

By the way, is that a miniature drumkit with a clock in it? If it is, I have one too! Big Grin
so arty!! Smile hehe
Yes, I suppose I am... *sighs*
Here are my guitars. Yamaha acoustic/electric and Schecter C1 Plus

[Image: guitars3.jpg]
Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh Schecter Smile

Hi Trevor!
Very nice, Trevor! Big Grin
Hello again Trevor.

Can you tell us a little about the schecter please?
How does it compare to any other axes you've tried/owned?

Note to ST.

Is it worth considering a musicians "gear talk" section, do you think?
Rufus Wrote:Note to ST.

Is it worth considering a musicians "gear talk" section, do you think?

Hey Rufus... I think we'll keep using the Musician's Corner forum for the time being... I'll consider when it starts busting at the seams Big Grin
Rufus Wrote:Hello again Trevor.

Can you tell us a little about the schecter please?
How does it compare to any other axes you've tried/owned?

I haven't owned a lot of great guitars, mostly low- to mid-range Ibanez's. I've played a few high-end guitars though, and for a relatively inexpensive guitar, the Schecter is pretty good.
I was looking for a Gibson Les Paul, but this has a lot of the same features for a lower price (2 hums, seperate volume, set neck). Build quality seems good. I've had it for almost a year now and never had problems.

Check out some specs at www.schecterguitars.com
Aha!

Found you.

Thanks! Smile

Ever tried a Jackson?

yes

I don't smoke, sorry.
Rufus Wrote:Ever tried a Jackson?

I tried a Jackson back when I was just starting to play so I couldn't really tell how good it was. I know they have very flat fingerboards that would probably take a bit of getting used to. I would think that they would be good for soloing though. I like a lot of their guitar designs too.
Hey! Love the Schecter! I can see the beautiful grain patterns....

How would you rate the Schecter against the Ibanez guitars you've played? Schecter isn't a common brand here in Australia.

What sort of music do you play Trev?
de_axeman Wrote:How would you rate the Schecter against the Ibanez guitars you've played? Schecter isn't a common brand here in Australia.

What sort of music do you play Trev?

The Schecter is very similar to Ibanez SZ series. I've never owned one of those though. I had a SA160, which is a bolt-on neck guitar with two single coils and one hum. I like the Schecter a lot more than that one.

Do you have ESP guitars over there? I've heard that they are very similar.

I usually play hard rock and metal (Bon Jovi, Guns n Roses, Metallica, Ozzy, etc), but I like to play other styles sometimes.
They only seem to stock the high-end ESP guitars over here, like Kirk Hamett's axe which retails over $4000 AUD. A little out of my league... Sad

But I haven't quite visited ALL the guitar stores here in Melbourne... yet.... Big Grin
Pages: 1 2