DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Xmas Market Man
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: XmasMarketMan.jpg]

Alas, no snow - it doesn't really feel like a Christmas market without snow. At least the weather cleared up, we had the first nice day after ten days of gray fog.
You can almost read his lips saying "Ba, Humbug!" -- a modern-day Scrooge!

Well, I'm sure he's a really nice guy when some stranger isn't taking his picture.. Wink
His facial expresions make him look like he is going to put that walking stick right throught your lens Big Grin , great capture
Nice shot and composition g! You've caught him in the moment.

Only gripe would be that it looks like you're selectively blurred bits of the background, but it's not very even, so some bits (like the people's shoes, and the roof in the top left) are still sharp, which makes it look a bit manipulated.
Oh yes, ST, it is manipulated! With this one I really had my problems. I wasn't planning to portrait the man and had the aperture set to 8 to have more DOF. Everything was perfectly sharp, the background was cluttered and the man lost in it. When I shot again with the aperture wide open, he was already walking away from me. I tried to create a narrower DOF by manipulation, but obviously failed...

You have a keen eye, ST! Smile
I agree the uneven dof is an issue--especially close the the edge of the man. But this is sure an interesting shot.
guerito Wrote:Oh yes, ST, it is manipulated! With this one I really had my problems. I wasn't planning to portrait the man and had the aperture set to 8 to have more DOF. Everything was perfectly sharp, the background was cluttered and the man lost in it. When I shot again with the aperture wide open, he was already walking away from me. I tried to create a narrower DOF by manipulation, but obviously failed...

You have a keen eye, ST! Smile

Sorry, that was my point... the goal of manipulation is to make it appear as natural as possible. But if you can spot that it's obviously been manipulated, then the effect isn't quite as good. Smile

Good try nonetheless Smile