DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Raw photos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a panasonic Lumix G3 and i accidently took photos on Raw setting and cant get them to copy to my computer. Would be grateful for any help , Thanks
(Sep 21, 2013, 13:54)JGrant Wrote: [ -> ]I have a panasonic Lumix G3 and i accidently took photos on Raw setting and cant get them to copy to my computer. Would be grateful for any help , Thanks
What software are you using on your comp for photo storage/editing?
And, what is the typical file name format of the RAW images you want to save?

(this might help with finding the answer to your problem)
Is this your first experience of RAW. Have you transferred .jpg OK. It may be that you are not seeing what you expect. Ed.
JGrant,

Hello and welcome to the digital forums! Glad you are here! Thanks for joining us!
Hello and welcome to shuttertalk Smile What do you mean exactly can't get them to copy to your computer? Won't give you permission to copy or transfer files from camera or memory card to computer?
(Sep 22, 2013, 07:48)EdMak Wrote: [ -> ]Is this your first experience of RAW. Have you transferred .jpg OK. It may be that you are not seeing what you expect. Ed.

I have no idea what Raw is. Have always used jpeg.
(Sep 22, 2013, 23:41)PhotoPlay Wrote: [ -> ]Hello and welcome to shuttertalk Smile What do you mean exactly can't get them to copy to your computer? Won't give you permission to copy or transfer files from camera or memory card to computer?

I use windows wizard to transfer from camera to computer. but photos i took on raw are not showing in the small window that you select which photos to transfer.I put memory card in my other camera but it says 'this picture cannot be played.I can see the photos on my G3 camera which is the one i originally took photos with.I have no idea what raw is. I have had a digital camera now for 11 years and all photos are jpeg. Jack
RAW is an "unprocessed" version of your pic. enable advanced processing to be carried out by you. Need software you can open RAW in, Windows cannot see them, normally supplied by Manufacturer on a CD. If you do not have, can be converted to, DNG (A digital Negative),for subsequent use. If you have managed without for 11 years and are happy with results, don't be too worried about it, carry on as before. Are you aware of having, a CD and can look on it for software. Cheers. Ed.