DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Practicing Digital Photography: Flowers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Another lovely flower, Ed.

The photo seems a bit over-sharpened for me, giving a rather grainy look to the petals. Also there is a pink halo around the flower, possibly caused by blurring the background in the processing. But, as you always include in your posts - to each his own!

Cheers.
Philip
Ta Philip, I sharpen for printing, A3, done on a toner printer, at a stupid price, they quieten down a bit! I now know two ways to obviate halo, one more difficult than the other. Will do this one sometime. Ed.
(Apr 25, 2014, 02:46)EdMak Wrote: [ -> ]we have no garden, wife's brother 3 miles away, suffices. One of wife's roses, prolific, was a good year. Ed.

Another great 'Ed MaK' photograph. It has to be said though, Mrs Mak has very green fingers to produce a bloom of that quality. So, it's 'well done' to both of you for this collaborative effort.

Best regards.

Phil.
Last of the summer wine, was a good vintage year. Ed.
Canon 5d mII 50mm f/22 @1/320 ISO 1600
bumped in photoshop...bark desaturated to black and white.
(Oct 6, 2014, 00:27)Sirlarek Wrote: [ -> ]Canon 5d mII 50mm f/22 @1/320 ISO 1600
bumped in photoshop...bark desaturated to black and white.

Lets correct that...f/3.5 ISO 100, 1/64th sec

I was mucking all over the place with it this day.
Spring Flowers

A few from the undergrowth - between the trees and shrubs in a Hertfordshire woodland today.

[attachment=4593]
[ 40mm, f/8, 1/60s, ISO 800 ]

[attachment=4594]
[ 36mm, f/8, 1/100s, ISO 800 ]

[attachment=4595]
[ 40mm, f/8, 1/200s, ISO 800 ]

[attachment=4596]
[ 40mm, f/5.6, 1/400, ISO 1600 ]

[ Pentax K-5 II & Pentax 20-40mm zoom lens; hand-held; ambient light; camera JPEGs tweaked in PaintShop Pro X6.]

Cheers.
Philip
Bluebells in Local Woodland

These are some of the photos I took this morning in natural light (hazy sunshine) during a stroll through the woods not far from my home in Hertfordshire. They were all captured hand-held, using a Pentax K-S2 in Aperture Priority Mode, set to Auto White Balance, and at ISO 100, except #5 at ISO 200. The attached lens was a 40mm pancake prime at f/8.

[attachment=6277]

[attachment=6278]

[attachment=6279]

[attachment=6280]

[attachment=6281]

[ As usual, all are JPEGs from the camera, tweaked in PaintShop Pro X8, and best viewed at the larger size.]

Any comments always welcome.

Cheers.
Philip
Philip, a nice set of photographs.
Well worth the walk Philip. Cheers, Ed.
Thank you, John and Ed. Smile

Cheers.
Philip
Buttercup Valley

A beautiful spot, visited yesterday - I could sit there till the cows come home:

[attachment=6366]
[ ISO 200; f/11; 1/160s.]

[attachment=6367]
[ ISO 200; f/16; 1/80s.]

[attachment=6368]
[ ISO 1600; f/20; 1/500s.]

[attachment=6369]
[ ISO 200; f/11; 1/125s.]

[ Pentax K-5 IIs; 35mm prime lens; hand-held; JPEGs from camera; adjustments in PaintShop Pro X8.]

This is the Hughenden Valley, near High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire, and the building is Hughenden Church.

Cheers.
Philip
Both peaceful and picturesque. Lovely. Ed.
Thank you, Ed.

Cheers.
Philip
My first adventure into Macro. Both were shot hand held with no VR under breezy conditions. Not exactly ideal. Same camera and lens used for both ( Nikon D3300 + Tamron SP AF 90mm f2.8 DI macro 1:1. )
Shutter Priority, 1/500 @ f/32 iso 800.

[attachment=6650]

Shutter Priority,1/500 @ f/18 iso 800.

[attachment=6651]
Advice welcome.
Cheers,
Mike.
A Touch of Red
Nice one Eddy. On my laptop the colour of the Poppy is spot on. It does, however, have an halo along the top edge. This is a problem that Philip has written about that appears to have become prevalent since the site was ' upgraded'.
Regards,
Mike.
Hi Mike
         sadly the halo has been increased many times by the website such a shame, could be that many other images are being reduced in quality by this so called photographic website.

Cheers Pete
TULIP TWINS.

This pair stood out in a bed of white bedding plants.
DMC - FZ200, M, 1/800 @ f/2.8 ISO 100, 103.7mm ( 622mm equivalent )

[attachment=6956]

Cheers,
Mike.
Here is one I took over the weekend.
Haven't been on here in a very long time.  Am back to play...........I lost my Nikon coolpix (stolen) am using a tiny Kodak point and shoot, until I can save $$$ to buy a really good one.  anyway, I have a pic here it's one of my stilllifes I was playing around with. Enjoy.  I know this is not the critique page, but, some of my "old" friends may remember me - really really good photogs - may make a comment....
Here are several flowers that I have grown in my garden.  Golden double iris, blue spider iris, rose of sharon, and a cactus flower art piece which I enhanced in Paintshop.  I used my Nikon Coolpix for some, and others, I used a small Panasonic point and shoot.
Crocuses in the Grass:

This is a crop from an image taken in February this year; the flowers were back-lit by the evening sun.

[attachment=7374]
[ Pentax K-70; 18-135mm zoom lens at 135mm; ISO 400; f/11; 1/60s; -1 EV; camera JPEG with adjustments in PaintShop Pro.]

Any comments always welcome.

Philip
Definite Spring feeling. Ed.
Thank you, Ed.

Philip
Pages: 1 2 3 4