DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: What do you think about this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went to a Christmas market and I got some pictures. Could you give me your comments please?

Thanks a lot in advance Smile

[Image: lubeck_candles.jpg]

[Image: luebeck_paper.jpg]
Nice shots! You seem to have a good eye for colour!

With the first one, I like the progression of pots? in the centre of the frame, but I feel stuff in the background is a bit distracting. Maybe limit the depth of field, or blur it out with photoshop?

With the 2nd one, I love the juxtaposition between the figurine and the man. I would have loved to see a slightly different angle, maybe with the figurine more to the top left so that it didn't overlap the man in the background....
A little tighter crop to the right of the pots would help focus the eyes more to the great pattern of those pots.
I agree with shutter. Some selective blurring will really draw the eye to the pots.
I think #1 in particular is outstanding.
Thanks a lot for your comments. The original turned up like this:

http://graphics.bavariasoft.com/images/a...hoto3.html

Let me tell you that I don't know what happened to my picture, the original is sharper... Could it be that at the time one resizes the picture blurs anyway?
Yes, resizing does blur pictures, whether you are reducing or enlarging.
Hi Irma

uuhmmm I totally agree with the previous post, there is too much distraction on the two pixs. two solution blur (dof)( deph of field) or come tighter.

I do very little in photoshop I try to do mostly on the actual shoot as images are not going to be repated. Move around shoot a few from this angle and few from that angle. Goooosh If you were my student I will be pushing you around allready!

Regards

Christian
I want to be your student so you can push me around.. haha
Adam

Yeah but you will learn!

cya
I'm always amazed at "teachers" who consider that pushing their students around is the optimum way of imparting knowledge. That's never been my experience.