DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Photo Special Effects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering whether anyone plays with photo collages or tools such as Repligator which produces special effects on your images? I think they might be cool, but the novelty might wear off after a while.

I think subtle post processing is always better, and shows more of the technique of the photographer. What do you think?
I've just discovered :
Contrast Masking
Overlaying inverse pictures
and the channel mixer.

that's about all I got at the moment Smile

I am enjoying seeing what these do to my photos. I think for the moment, I'm still about subtle.. I'm not in the class of most on here who can produce amazing post-production effects...
I've recently been playing with layers... especially duplicating a layer, making it monochrome and then deleting certain elements to let the color show through.
EnglishBob Wrote:I've recently been playing with layers... especially duplicating a layer, making it monochrome and then deleting certain elements to let the color show through.
Selective Colouring was my first foray into post-processing... see here

Those were done before I understood layers... I would just select what I wanted to keep in colour - invert the selection - convert to greyscale. Layers gives you a much broader range of options...
This is my favorite so far.

[Image: normal_Lori%20B%26W.jpg]
That was one of my first type of effects to apply. Here is one of my first images.
[Image: 3534618.Dakota.jpg]
Petographer Wrote:That was one of my first type of effects to apply. Here is one of my first images.

PetDude, try it like this:

[Image: 3534618.jpg]

Just use the url of the pbase page itself and add .jpg; don't link to the image properties.
Cool
Ok, thanks. Does my linkl not show for you? I see it. At first I just thought you liked the larger image. [Image: icon_lol.gif]
Petographer Wrote:Ok, thanks. Does my linkl not show for you? I see it. At first I just thought you liked the larger image. http://www.portperry.com/bbs/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Well of course bigger is better ( :!!!: ) but no, I just see a red X on your post. If you can see it yourself, it's likely just the the properties URL is in your cache.