DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: pancake lens.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi Hugh here.
Would any members recommend the canon EF 40mm f/2.8 stm pancake lens
and why. for example what are they good for. pros & cons.
Thanks Hugh.
The Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 is incredibly sharp, saves weight and especially saves space. I bought one for my new purchase of the smallest D-SLR currently on the market - The EOS 100D.
If you already own either a 50mm prime or 35mm prime lens then there is little point, i.e. unless you want it to accompany another outfit (as was the case for me)
i put this little outfit together as replacement for my compact camera as I was getting more and more frustrated with the dreaded shutter-lag. I teamed the above with a compact, long range zoom to complete my (compact outfit)
- And of course, the EOS 100D is half the weight of my 5D Mk II!
(Mar 6, 2014, 07:53)Colly Wrote: [ -> ]The Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 is incredibly sharp, saves weight and especially saves space. I bought one for my new purchase of the smallest D-SLR currently on the market - The EOS 100D.
If you already own either a 50mm prime or 35mm prime lens then there is little point, i.e. unless you want it to accompany another outfit (as was the case for me)
i put this little outfit together as replacement for my compact camera as I was getting more and more frustrated with the dreaded shutter-lag. I teamed the above with a compact, long range zoom to complete my (compact outfit)
- And of course, the EOS 100D is half the weight of my 5D Mk II!

Thanks a lot Colly for your reply,helped a lot, Thanks again Hugh.