DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: REMOTE BEACH PHOTO SUGGESTIONS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI ALL PLEASE CA ANYONE SUGGEST PICS ON A REMOTE SHORELINE THE PLACE IS LANGBANK IN SCOTLAND WHE I SAY REMOTE NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE GO THERE AS JUST OFF MOTORWAY MANY THANKS IN ANTICIPATION Big Grin
I like long exposures of the waters, the ones that make it look like silk - even though they're quite wide spread, they're still not as wide spread as the "classic" beach photos.
THANKS WILLL GIVE THIS A GO NOW ON MY WAY TO BEACH AREA THANKS BOB
(May 22, 2014, 05:02)kNox Wrote: [ -> ]I like long exposures of the waters, the ones that make it look like silk - even though they're quite wide spread, they're still not as wide spread as the "classic" beach photos.

I guess that if not many people go there there would be a lot of debris washed up from passing shipping. How about including some of this in your images?
Pics of things that interest you, shots you like...close-ups of unusual stuff, or of usual stuff that is interesting because it's not where you'd expect it...just take the pics, see what you get...the water suggestions are good, maybe see what the differences between high and low water are like...is there any wildlife there? Have fun with the camera, experiment a little, refine your eye so they become your pics not just the garden variety of seashore shots...enjoy yourself - a lot! and be self-critical Smile

You'll find that the more pics you take, the better you become Smile
Why not put a picture in this remote beach thread, since it reminded me of one.
(May 22, 2014, 05:13)bobster1964 Wrote: [ -> ]THANKS WILLL GIVE THIS A GO NOW ON MY WAY TO BEACH AREA THANKS BOB
(May 22, 2014, 05:02)kNox Wrote: [ -> ]I like long exposures of the waters, the ones that make it look like silk - even though they're quite wide spread, they're still not as wide spread as the "classic" beach photos.

At low tide you can see the remains of the posts of the timber ponds (used for weathering timber for shop building in the Clyde). Saw a stunning photo of these in foreground looking over to sunset above Greenock.

Livra

[/quote]
At low tide you can see the remains of the posts of the timber ponds (used for weathering timber for shop building in the Clyde).
Livra
[/quote]

I know Napoleon described the English as a nation of shop keepers but I didn’t realise that we had the Scots to thank for all the shops! LOL
Dean
(May 22, 2014, 02:34)bobster1964 Wrote: [ -> ]HI ALL PLEASE CA ANYONE SUGGEST PICS ON A REMOTE SHORELINE THE PLACE IS LANGBANK IN SCOTLAND WHE I SAY REMOTE NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE GO THERE AS JUST OFF MOTORWAY MANY THANKS IN ANTICIPATION Big Grin

Hi, bobster;

Welcome to the group.

Not trying to be snotty or anything, but typing in all caps is considered SHOUTING, and is discouraged.

If you're doing that because of vision problems, there are ways to magnify parts of the screen in Windows.
Here's how to do it in Windows 7
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...=windows-7
At low tide you can see the remains of the posts of the timber ponds (used for weathering timber for shop building in the Clyde).
Livra
[/quote]

I know Napoleon described the English as a nation of shop keepers but I didn’t realise that we had the Scots to thank for all the shops! LOL
Dean

[/quote]

Nice one Dean!! Typical Cornishman Smile

Cheers for the giggle.

Phil.
(May 24, 2014, 13:21)Wall-E Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 22, 2014, 02:34)bobster1964 Wrote: [ -> ]HI ALL PLEASE CA ANYONE SUGGEST PICS ON A REMOTE SHORELINE THE PLACE IS LANGBANK IN SCOTLAND WHE I SAY REMOTE NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE GO THERE AS JUST OFF MOTORWAY MANY THANKS IN ANTICIPATION Big Grin

HI WALL-E !!!! RIGHTFULLY NAMED THIS FORUM IS ALL ABOUT PEOPLE AND PICTURES AND NOT BEING SNOTTY OR POINTING OUT HOW WELL OUR GRAMMAR IS IF YOU DONT WANT TO COMMENT ON THE POST I SUGGEST YOU GO DO SOMETHING MORE IMPORTANT THAN BE RUDE TO FELLOW MEMBERS , I AM VERY NEW AND LOOKING FOR HELP AND ADVICE FOR PICTURE TAKEING NOTY ADVICE ON HOW TO SPELL OR BE PERFECT IN GRAMMAR SO IF YOU DONT WANT TO COMMENT OR GET INVOLVED IN THE ACTUAL NATURE OF THE SITE P[LEASE BUT OUT SNOTTY CHEEKY MANHuh/en-us/windows/make-screen-items-bigger-magnifier#1TC=windows-7

(May 27, 2014, 05:48)bobster1964 Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 24, 2014, 13:21)Wall-E Wrote: [ -> ]

HI WALL-E !!!! RIGHTFULLY NAMED THIS FORUM IS ALL ABOUT PEOPLE AND PICTURES AND NOT BEING SNOTTY OR POINTING OUT HOW WELL OUR GRAMMAR IS IF YOU DONT WANT TO COMMENT ON THE POST I SUGGEST YOU GO DO SOMETHING MORE IMPORTANT THAN BE RUDE TO FELLOW MEMBERS , I AM VERY NEW AND LOOKING FOR HELP AND ADVICE FOR PICTURE TAKEING NOTY ADVICE ON HOW TO SPELL OR BE PERFECT IN GRAMMAR SO IF YOU DONT WANT TO COMMENT OR GET INVOLVED IN THE ACTUAL NATURE OF THE SITE P[LEASE BUT OUT SNOTTY CHEEKY MANHuh/en-us/windows/make-screen-items-bigger-magnifier#1TC=windows-7

Bobster1964

Using all CAPS is considered shouting when in the online world. So as the moderator of this forum, I am asking that you do not use all CAPS as it is proper online etiquette. We are all here to help you, but if rude behavior continues in the forums you will be removed.

Here are the forum rules for your review:

Forum Rules - Read Before Posting in Forums

Now, if you decide to be nice to the other members then there will not be any issues. As an alternative, you can type in all lower case letters.