DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Meeeery Christmas! What did you get??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Merry Christmas Shuttertalkers!! Hope you all are having a fabulous time! We had our family christmas celebration, opened our pressies at midnight and continued waaay into the wee hours of the morning.

What did everyone get? I got:
- Cool quiz board game (like trivial pursuit but Aussie made)
- A shake powered torch (no batteries needed)!
- Nice book
- Bed sheets
- Dinner plate set
- Wine glasses
- Japanese samurai DVD
- Some clothes

and a few other things... no camera related stuff, but it's all good Big Grin
some chocolates, a shirt, and best of all... a Darth Vader mask/helmet with voice and heavy breathing functions. utterly useless, but oh so cool!

[Image: Picture%20010.jpg]

welcome to the dark side....
This is what Irma and I got: A brand new aquarium!

[Image: Aquarium.jpg]

These fish are not bad as models, at least you can get them to build a swarm and swirl around just by coming close to the glass. They beg for food like puppies. Smile

The one thing I have yet to teach them is to stand still while I'm taking the picture. Without flash, it's nearly impossible to get them sharp.
Aha!

A power ball. Great for guitarists and drummers!!!

A 1gig CF card

A 2gig MP3 player

And........ A few weeks ago, (remember?), a Tobias Pro 5 bass!!!
I am now 1/2 way to my 17-55 f 2.8 purchase. whuhoo!
The Photoshop CS upgrade, from one of our sons, amongst other things. I have to confess he gave it to me about a week ago and already installed it (when he was here) We have 3 sons, only one can be home for Christmas this year so we had a family get together last week.

I'm really thrilled about winning the Amazon voucher too. Last time I won anything I was about half a century ago when I won an essay competition at school Big Grin

I'm planning on buying a Photoshop book with the voucher - maybe "The Photoshop Bible".

Polly
guerito Wrote:This is what Irma and I got: A brand new aquarium!

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/images...uarium.jpg

These fish are not bad as models, at least you can get them to build a swarm and swirl around just by coming close to the glass. They beg for food like puppies. Smile

The one thing I have yet to teach them is to stand still while I'm taking the picture. Without flash, it's nearly impossible to get them sharp.

I like aquariums, never had one though as I wouldn't know how to look after it properly! I like your picture - I dare bet it looks very good full screen size too.

Polly
I got a shirt from uncle and aunty, and money from parents. Smile
patch17 Wrote:some chocolates, a shirt, and best of all... a Darth Vader mask/helmet with voice and heavy breathing functions. utterly useless, but oh so cool!.

Lol... that would be awesome to see in action... Big Grin

guerito Wrote:This is what Irma and I got: A brand new aquarium!

Nice aquarium, G and I Big Grin My sister/brother in law also got a new aquarium this week -- I'm sure it'll bring endless hours of entertainment!
Lets see....

Digital Rebel (recieved last spetember!)
Canon 50mm F1.8
Angel season 4
Bunch of Photoframes and albums.
lots of Candy, chocolate and a bottle of Jack Daniels single barrel.
George Forman Grill, sandwich maker and a Magic Bullet mini food processor.
Bunch of other small stuff.
From Direct Family:
Nothing
and a IOU for a 1337 camera 'accessory' bag I saw at Ted's it has a few ppouces for memory cards and loops to fit 8 x AA batteries.
From 'clients:
2 * 8 x 10" Photoframes
2 * 6 x 4" Photoframes (they match one of the 8 x 10")
From extended fmaily:
$20

Oh and I get 4 x 256mb DDr PC3200 sticks of ram from a IRC Stalker.

I live in a poor family =(