DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: THINKING about getting a guitar amp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thinking!!! only THINKING, considering, getting another guitar amp...
This time, something tube.
Been looking at the Peavey Classic 30 and the Peavey Classic 50.
The Classic 30 is 17kg, has 1 12 inch speaker
The Classic 50 is 26kg, has 2 12 inch speakers.

The Classic 50 should be more than loud enough, maybe the Classic 30 also.
Apart from playing at home, I also play at church, we always mic up the amp, so maybe Classic 30 is sufficient, but having 2 speakers and 50 watt compared to 30 (I'm not saying that more is better Tongue), the Classic 50 looks good.

Ahh! this reminds me of the decision between the 70-200 f/2.8L IS and the 70-200 f/4L, which I decided to get the f/4L, but then after looking at EBAY prices (buy it now), looks like just have to pay only a little bit more than the shops, and can get the f/2.8L IS online! But like the Classic 50/Classic 30 decision, its heavier than the f/4L Tongue haha
Decisions decisions! Big Grin

I've only played the Classic 50 before, haven't tried the 30... but the 50 was so niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Think? Don't think... go and get it! Big Grin

If you can, get the 50 -- I've got a 65W Laney and my Bro's got a 65W? Marshall and we both regularly use them unmiced for live worship... Big Grin
Yes! I'll go get it!
But which one! Big Grin
hardy har har Big Grin

Think until I buy.
How much are they?
in the Venue music catalogue, the classic 30 is 1345 delivered
and the classic 50 is 1599 delivered

I think can find cheaper prices online though, will have to see. Smile

which first L or AMP? Tongue

lamp
My reasoning would be - since you're spending so much already, might as well get the bigger one -- so you won't have any regrets later. Lol... Big Grin