DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: New Years + Fireworks = Photos??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New Years is coming up folks! Anyone going to take piccies of the fireworks? Plenty of photo ops, I'm sure!
One of my early attempts at fireworks at Disney. It is uncropped and unretouched, but I still like it. I'm going to try and clean it up a bit and repost.

[Image: iB291EC05-3ACE-44A9-A363-A9AB773EDD6F.jpg]
Beautiful picture, lschmekel.
Great capture, Lschmekel - makes me wish I was in Florida for the holdiays once again!

The only distracting issue I can see is the tilt of the castle - VERY hard to correct for because it is so close to the edge. You might want to try making a selection of just the castle - rotating that selection a pinch - and then filling in the missing bits with your favorite technique of painting or cloning. Then you can rotate the whole picture a fraction to correct the overall lean and do a fractional crop to get rid of the white edges.

Here is a 2 minute attempt just to show you what I mean - you will be able to do much better with a little care and attention. (I actually over-rotated)

Happy holidays!

[Image: 3_test.jpg]