DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: what people in here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone

happy new year to allof you.

here is my question and comment:

Recently as you probably know arrived in Perth. Well I fanaly got hold of a magazine place where I can buy an excellent local magazine about photography

There were a few but I could only afford at the moment capture and digital photographer. I was totaly impress withthe all magazine!

Here is my question: how many of you read these kind of magazines and how often do you buy them?

Regards

Christian
No.
Never.
Not ever.

Oh, wait! Yes I do.... I read the Royal Photographic society rag.

Then I eat it. Wink
I subscribe to Outdoor Photographer and Popular Photography.

Jerry
www.pbase.com/jerichofire
I was buying Shutterbug and the affiliate mag but just get sick of the ads. I like to get all my news and reviews right here on the web from the best sources, us photographers that actually put the gear through it's paces.
I buy the occasional copy of shutterbug and Digital Photographer... other than that I get a few email's every week from various sites.
I get them occasionally.. usually Australian Photography, as I like the Image Doctor section at the end, where people send in photos and the editors critique them.

Capture is not bad as well... very good to see the commercial photography scene.

But since starting shuttertalk, I must admit that I haven't been reading magazines as much... I learn more from the people here! Big Grin
i used to read photography monthly while i was in Singapore. But now that i'm in perth, it's pretty hard to find.

occassionally i'd browse through B&W Photography, and if i find something i like inside i'd buy it. i don't keep the magazines, just cut out the articles and photos of intrests and keep them in a file for reference.

learning from the photo forums is also a good source of info and inspiration. Tongue