DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: 5 Steps for Awesome Shots with Less Gear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are five steps that will help you take amazing pictures with whatever gear you're using and break this spell that camera companies have put on you.

http://www.photographytalk.com/photograp...-less-gear
Nice! When I first got into photography I was hungry to get my hands on as many products as I could, but now I find myself with a tough choice every time I grab my camera bag: what do I leave at home?
(Mar 6, 2015, 05:31)kNox Wrote: [ -> ]what do I leave at home?

Nothing, buy bigger camera bags! LOL.

I can reasonably tote all my gear in my backpack/torso pack but it is heavy. Most of the time I trim it down for the type of photography I am planning on doing. (I do carry everything in the car though)

It's not just the weight of it all, it's mostly convenience. I have a pretty big backpack as it is, and anything bigger will be getting hard for it to fit everywhere I take it. Smile
Yeah, my pack is the R103 by kata, it's will fit a body plus my 500mm attached, flash and 3-4 other lenses.. then I have a torso pack that attaches that will carry another body and 2 more lenses..... strap the tripod and monopod to it and tell me again why my back aches?

When I'm heading into the field to shoot I usually just carry the torso pack, though now I am trying to get away with batteries and cards in pockets and a black rapid dual strap for the cameras.

Portrait shoots I use a smaller canon Gadget bag that holds 2 bodies, 2 lenses and 2 flashguns.