DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Hello
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a 71 year old guy, and I live in West Sussex England. My first photographic venture was as a R.A.F. Photographer by trade back in the sixties, where I served two tours of duty in the Middle East, and one tour in the Far East. I had an expansive knowledge during that time of Film Photography. I then ceased to take photos after 1970 until I was introduced to the Digital Format about 5 years ago. It has re awakened my love for photography once again. I enjoy portraiture, and macro, but will get back into landscape once I have a suitable lens for that purpose, and the same goes for wildlife as well.
I own a Sony a6000, a Sony a200, a Canon G10, and a Fuji x10. I am saving up for a full frame, but as yet unsure as to Canon or Nikon. A lot of review reading awaits.
Nice to meet you all, and look forward to viewing your pictures.
Rick.
Welcome young man. Ed. (ex SAC, !951/53).
(Nov 2, 2015, 14:30)EdMak Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome young man. Ed. (ex SAC, !951/53).

Good to hear from you Ed. You were in a little before my time. National Service no doubt. I see you have a Mossy as your profile, did you have anything photographic to do with them?
Rick.
Hello and welcome to the digital photography site! Nice to have you here as a member! Make yourself right at home!
Welcome to Shuttertalk! And as you already have sony, they too make full frame!

I got my first full frame this year and am really enjoying it. (Canon 5DIII)
(Nov 3, 2015, 08:57)EnglishBob Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to Shuttertalk! And as you already have sony, they too make full frame!

I got my first full frame this year and am really enjoying it. (Canon 5DIII)

Thank you for your welcoming messages. I know Sony make full frame, but as yet I'm undecided as to which way to go model wise. I shall see what develops over the next year. However, I'm very happy with the a6000, it has a great menu.
(Nov 2, 2015, 12:48)Captainrickles Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a 71 year old guy, and I live in West Sussex England. My first photographic venture was as a R.A.F. Photographer by trade back in the sixties, where I served two tours of duty in the Middle East, and one tour in the Far East. I had an expansive knowledge during that time of Film Photography. I then ceased to take photos after 1970 until I was introduced to the Digital Format about 5 years ago. It has re awakened my love for photography once again. I enjoy portraiture, and macro, but will get back into landscape once I have a suitable lens for that purpose, and the same goes for wildlife as well.
I own a Sony a6000, a Sony a200, a Canon G10, and a Fuji x10. I am saving up for a full frame, but as yet unsure as to Canon or Nikon. A lot of review reading awaits.
Nice to meet you all, and look forward to viewing your pictures.
Rick.

hello Captain,welcome aboardSmile
Welcome Rick AND welcome Paulo. Great place to hang out.
(Feb 27, 2016, 00:19)paulo Wrote: [ -> ]"hey guys...
i am new comer here so let welcome me...
i am just looking for some interesting things and i am pretty much sure that here i will get them... share some interesting things with me........"
Candid photographer in Jaipur

greetings PauloSmile