DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Other Side of Winter Garden.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the other side of the Winter Garden shown in Photo Critique.
Nikon D3300 + Tamron 70 - 300mm.
AP 1/320 @ f/10 ISO 200 70mm.

[Image: garden.jpg]
That is beautiful! Excellent Shot!!!
Thanks Jeff.
As Ed would say : " It is however, slightly, left wing down".
Cheers, Mike.
I think I have one leg shorter than the other. I never take a photograph that is level. The first thing I do after the raw conversion is find a vertical or a horizontal (on that photo I would go for the vertical edge of the building), and in Photoshop I would zoom in, draw a line with the ruler tool, then Image> Image Rotation> Arbitrary, to square the image up before final cropping. I have to do that with practically every image I take.
That is excellent advice John. I have recently found that the " Grid Overlay " is a useful tool. I am not into Photoshop as yet, still trying to get to grips with Lightroom. I must get into the habit of checking horizontal and vertical at the start of the process, as you suggest.
Probability is that I would not have spotted the " left wing down " but for the fact that I was in contact with Ed. One glance at the shot and he saw it.
Oh for an expert eye.
Cheers, Mike.
Mike, if you had trained under my first boss, you would have spotted it!! Ed.
Mike,

Apart from the water running out of the pond and all over my keyboard, Big Grin, it is a very pleasing image - the brightness looks just right and the colours look very natural.
Smile
Cheers.
Philip
Ed.
Your first boss has a lot to answer for.

Philip.
Thanks so much. Getting there slowly.

Cheers to you both, Mike.