DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: PaintShop Pro X9 Ultimate.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If anyone is interested the above software is available on Amazon ( uk ) at the very good price of £39.61.
Could not resist. Ditched Photoshop CC.
Cheers,
Mike.
That's a very good price. But ditching Photoshop might not be that easy because of the extensive plugin support. Plus I think X10 is close to being released. Some of the reviews on Amazon are not encouraging. Find out more about flight delay compensation
True, PSP 2018 has just been released ( £79.99 ). As far as reviews go I tend not to read them, far too easy to fix. There are however some very accomplished photographers on this site who use PSP. That says it all as far as I am concerned.
I am 100% amateur and the costings for Photoshop CC increase to £9.98 per month, in my case, in September. This will be the third increase in the past twelve months.
One more thing vuseshutter, Welcome to the forums and enjoy yourself. ( A name would be good )
Regards,
Mike.
When I started digital photography as a serious hobby in 2011, I bought Corel PaintShop Pro mainly because it was half the price of Photoshop Elements.  I have never seen any reason to change.  PSP seems user-friendly to me and does all I want it to do very well, plus much much more that I have yet to discover!  I have upgraded three times, giving me a total cost of about £30 per year.  For anyone interested, other comparisons (and a free trial offer) can be seen by scrolling down the page that appears when you click here:

http://www.paintshoppro.com/en/products/...compare-ps

Cheers.
Philip
I have been using PSP since JASC version 7 was released including Corel's X1 through X9. I currently use PSP X9 Ultimate. Haven't decided to go for X10 yet. PSP is my go to post processing program. I also use Aftershot Pro 3. They both serve me extremely well and integrate together pretty well. Don't get me wrong as I use a bundle of other programs as well. It is fun to see what some of the other programs have to offer. PSP has all that I really need. It is compatible with a huge number of Photoshop plugins (.8bf) from Topaz, AKVIS, Redfield, NIK, etc and I have and use many of them integrated with PSP. PSP is well worth a try. You may be surprised at how well it works, Have a GREAT DAY!
Thanks for that Philip and Jeff.
I have ran the Free Trial for 2018 version for five days alongside checking out tutorials for 2018 and X9. In the end I found that I preferred the UI for X9.
As Ed says - To each his own.
Cheers,
Mike.
I switched from Photoshop to Affinity Photo, by Serif.

Circa £30, I've found that Affinity Photo to be as good as if not better that PS. One downside is that it takes a little more processing power than PS, but it does have a built in RAW processor. The stacking, focus merging and panorama features are way better than PS.

There is an organiser being built for easy navigation for inclusion in a future update. Updates are free BTW.
Looks like we are going to need a Jeff A ( for Jeff Anderson ) and a Jeff ( for Fogey).
Serif software appears to have a good reputation. More to the point Affinity Photo is now available for Windows. Was Mac only.
Price direct from Serif : £48.99.
Thanks for the info Jeff.
Cheers,
Mike
I was a PSP user back when it was still a JASC product (94-97, preferred it's workflow to Photoshop back then. It was also Shareware back then and cost $20 to register if I remember correctly. Always was a solid program to use, and a lot of PS plugins will work with it.

I do the full adobe Cloud package as I use the video and document programs with it as well so am too tied to move away from the Creative Cloud.
Reason I use P/S,is that I got it for nothing. !! Ed.
Hey folks. I also use Affinity Pro and find it simple to navigate and it produces brilliant results. As a wedding photographer that is all that matters to the customers. My workload has increased massively and that is purely by word of mouth based on the results. For a relatively small amount for the software the outcomes are excellent. As a result I've taken on apprentice, but its a bit nerve-wracking letting an 18yr old loose with £3.5k of Nikon and someones prized photos.
I shoot only in RAW, and use RawTherapee exclusively. But thanks plus its free. Smile