DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Photoshop problems after window 10 update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please can you tell me if you have had messages on Photoshop PSE14 "insuffient ram could not complete" and on pressing ok tells me " needs an integer of 50 to 8"  All this then freezes the whole computer until I switch off.  Any answers please?
thanks Pat
Welcome to the photography forums! I do not personally use Photoshop but I know there are others on site who do.

So, please be patient for an answer. Thank you for joining us! Cool
Thank you, Barbara. Did I post this question on the right forum??
Look in PS performerce RAM.
(Jun 27, 2018, 13:16)PatB Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, Barbara. Did I post this question on the right forum??

I will actually move it to the main discussion section of the forums. Thanks for asking!
(Jun 28, 2018, 14:27)Matyjasik Wrote: [ -> ]Look in PS performerce RAM.
Thank you.
I have tried that, but it doesn't give you an option to change it.  I have read other sites and they all say that it doesnt give you the option.
What Operating System are you using.  Ed.
It's on Windows 10.
How much memory. Ed.
(Jul 3, 2018, 03:12)EdMak Wrote: [ -> ]How much memory.   Ed.

70.4 MB
Apologies, meant RAM Memory.  Cheers.  Ed.
(Jul 4, 2018, 14:01)EdMak Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies, meant RAM Memory.  Cheers.  Ed.

Oh, I don't actually know where to look for that!
Hold down the Windows Key, bottom left, then the Pause Key, usually top right area, may say, Pause/Break. This should bring up a page with a lot of info, including RAM. Ed.
(Jul 4, 2018, 15:12)EdMak Wrote: [ -> ]Hold down the Windows Key, bottom left, then the Pause Key, usually top right area, may say, Pause/Break. This should bring up a page with a lot of info, including RAM.  Ed.
That's a great tip, Ed - thanks for that!

Philip
Thanks Philip.

Bigger picture, Windows Key, then R, type in, msinfo32

Cheers. Ed.
(Jul 4, 2018, 15:12)EdMak Wrote: [ -> ]Hold down the Windows Key, bottom left, then the Pause Key, usually top right area, may say, Pause/Break. This should bring up a page with a lot of info, including RAM.  Ed.

Sorry, I can't find a Pause or Pause/Break key.  Its a Lenovo  B50-50 laptop and I  have looked for info on the website, which is hopeless, been through all sorts of settings that I never even knew I had and still can't find it.  Think I am going to have to resort to taking it into the shop.

Thanks for your time and answering the message.

Pat
(Jul 5, 2018, 03:37)EdMak Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Philip.

Bigger picture,    Windows Key, then R,    type in,     msinfo32

Cheers.  Ed.
(Jul 5, 2018, 07:18)PatB Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 5, 2018, 03:37)EdMak Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Philip.

Bigger picture,    Windows Key, then R,    type in,     msinfo32

Cheers.  Ed.
Hi Ed 

have actually found it with the above info   its 4 MB.
I assume it's P/S elements you use. I use an old version, PS CS4E, which in Edit-Preference=Performance, gives you the opportunity to fine tune. You may have something similar perhaps? It appears this may be linked to Windows, they may update to cure. I do get this on Windows XP Pro, but it is genuine, as XP only sees about 3.5 Gb memory, no matter how much you have. Computer has a dual boot, and on Win 10, 1803, sees the 8Gb I have. Clearing the Cache, is worth trying, again if possible.

There appears to be a work around, Found this, but it involves registry editing, if in doubt, don't. Make a System Restore point before any attempt is made, by anybody!

Here is a Link to where I found this info.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elemen...ments.html

If you are into P/S , then sometime worth expanding your memory, again if possible, surprised if not. memory is fairly cheap nowadays.

Running the Crucial Scanner, link below, will give you memory info.

http://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/systemscanner

Cheers. Ed.
Thanks for the info.

I found the Adobe one about the registry editing and it sounded scary, far beyond me, but thanks for your time and help, much appreciated.

Pat
(Jul 5, 2018, 09:25)PatB Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the info.

I found the Adobe one about the registry editing and it sounded scary, far beyond me, but thanks for your time and help, much appreciated.

Pat
Thank you, I have taken the info about the registry editing to the computer shop where I bought it  and after telling me I needed to buy extra memory they agreed to do the edit and it has worked fine.    Thank you all so much for helping.

Pat
Great ending. Ed.
How much RAM do you currently have?

I had to upgrade from 8GB to 16GB to get good response.
I have 4Gb and they told me at the shop to start with that I needed to buy more memory but in fact I only needed the registry updating so that it allowed Photoshop to actually have access to an interger of 50-8. The shop edited the registry and now Photoshop works fine.

I don't understand it but that is what happened and I didn't have to buy more memory.

Pat
Pages: 1 2