DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Scrapbooking software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My wife wants to get into scrapbooking, and at the shops the other day, we found a few software packages that supposedly for scrapbooking.

Isn't the scrapbooking software essentially a desktop publishing / page layout design software with lots of pre-built templates? Or does it have other functions too?

Anyone else (or has partners) into scrapbooking?
My wife uses the old cut-and-paste method. (With scissors and acid-free tape, not software!)
Smile
Essentially you're right, the software has a whole heap of pre set info, templates that you can whatever too, but I have found that the best part of using scrapbooking software is the fact that it has heaps of papers and embelishments that you can use, and put together a page on the computer, that way you aren't wasting paper if you decide that you don't like what you have put together...but I do like the sizzors...that might be like me enjoying getting into the darkroom......
Oh by the way, I ended up getting Art Explosions's Scrapbook Factory Deluxe (amazon link).

I haven't played with it much myself (my wife's been doing all the playing) but she's produced some great birthday cards and stuff like that and using my photos. Big Grin