DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Upsizing photos: New contender!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you need to do extreme upsizing of images, the new Topaz A.I. Gigapixel might interest you. I prepared some examples comparing it to Photoshop's and ON1's results.

PS: I received an email today asking why I hadn't also tested BenVista PhotoZoom Pro 7 against Topaz Gigapixel. Well, here you go ;-)
I spent a lot of time testing A.I. Gigapixel with challenging lower-res digital images from the last decade and a half, but then I realized that scans of even older film-based images might see some benefit.

See the results in my latest blog post.
On another forum there was some talk of Topaz A.I. Gigapixel making it easy to grab and reuse web-sized images (for good or bad). So I did a test using my own website.

The home page image of the hawk (desktop version of the site) downloaded at 45kb (489x320px @ 72ppi). Here's what it looked like after a 600% uprez in Gigapixel (unretouched):
Above post edited by moderator - referral links are not allowed in the forums. Please abstain from using referral links.
(Aug 24, 2018, 16:43)plugsnpixels Wrote: [ -> ]If you need to do extreme upsizing of images, the new Topaz A.I. Gigapixel might interest you. I prepared some examples comparing it to Photoshop's and ON1's results.

PS: I received an email today asking why I hadn't also tested BenVista PhotoZoom Pro 7 against Topaz Gigapixel. Well, here you go ;-)

All are looking like zoom type photos. Very interesting.