DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: sharper or soft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone

Now I think I have seen everything.

When everyone is trying to get more sharper crisp images someone comes with this. Something that you get the effect of a much softer aout of focus picture. Can you believed it? Anyway it is a wonderful little tool and you get very niiiiiice effects but isit not too much? I can just used photoshop and doa little of blur or motion blur or diffued something?

here is the link for you to see.

http://lensbabies.server101.com/pages/using.php

enjoy

Christian
As I understand it, the difference between that and blurring in photoshop is that the Lensbaby will actually distort the plane of focus, so you can achieve a plane of focus that is not parallel to the sensor plane. Sort of like large-format with the lens on a bellows. I think it would be really fun for commercial shots. Cool
oooh ok..like the hasselblad flexibody. but i can still do that in ps. still could be nice to have something like that.

Take care

Christian
Since these are prime lenses, I have no use for them. I am curious, are these things toys or are the lenses good enough to be taken seriously?

--Don
Probably low quality results, but that sort of attracts its own niche of followers, like lomo photography...