DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Wiley Mangy Coyote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On the way home from work I try to keep an eye on this area where there are a couple Dyke's along two rivers. Either side of these rivers are farmers Fields and most days when driving by the chances are usually pretty good you'll see either a blue heron, eagles, hawks or coyote's. Today was a coyote. I saw him fairly close to the roadside but by the time I got stopped and the camera out he made a little distance and began walking along side the dyke out farther into the Field. Good thing for the 300mm.

[Image: mangy-coyote.jpg]
How lucky! The picture is beautiful. I wonder if those animals are protected.
Nice shot. I like the way you caught it against the bushes.
Irma Wrote:How lucky! The picture is beautiful. I wonder if those animals are protected.

There treated as vermin here in California.
I can imagine Bob, the thing is that I wouldn't like to be a farmer and have those animals around. On the other hand, they arrived first Smile Pitty we haven't found the "key" to live in harmony with nature.
Thanks Bob, Don and Irma. These guys are seen very close to housing here. They prey on house cats. Good thing ours is an indoor kitty. I have a photo of one from 2 summers ago where it is standing right in someones driveway durring the daytime. ! block away from me.
Yeah, I live in a fairly large city but surrounded by farmland and hills, I see 2-3 a month in the city as road kill.

Nice picture BTW Smile

Here's a couple in Yosemite.

[Image: coyote%2001.jpg]

[Image: coyote%2002.jpg]
Vermin, definitely. Like deer. Nothing but oversized rats.
Ya Bob, that's what I'm used to seeing. I am really not sure why the guy I photographed was so mangy looking.