DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Colour spaces
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I'm not mistaken, the default colour space that digital cameras use is sRGB...

Adobe RGB is supposed to have a broader range than sRGB and is better for printed work though. There are various other ones lurkinig around as well.

Does anyone use colour spaces other than sRGB as part of your workflow?
I shoot everything in AdobeRGB and when I convert the images in Capture One I convert them to Pro Photo RGB. I've found it gives me richer more vibrant prints from the i9950 although if I give them to a client they have to be careful where they take them. Kodak will print them all out with a very strong green tint and won't even bother correcting them.
I also use AdobeRGB - it is my PhotoShop default and my A2 can take it native. I will have to try Pro Photo RGB.
I use SRGB.
i use Adobe RGB ..out of all the colour space modes on my cam . .thats the largest one ..
I use sRGB.

I understand all the arguments for using a larger color space, but I just don't see a difference in print. (Few inkjets use a larger gamut than sRGB anyway, and most online labs suggest sRGB.)
Well - I don't print many photos myself...I think the pro lab printers can tell the difference. I just hate to do something to a photo that might limit what it is capable of down the road.

It doesn't hurt anything to use AdobeRGB, does it?
No, but why add to the workflow?
I suppose so - with me - it's no extra action. It is my PS default, and my A2 color space default. Not sure I would go to extra effort if things were different.
Hm... I've never used Adobe RGB - would you have to change anything on the printing side for it to print accurately?