DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: I did a Dewy!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did a dewy last night - tripped in a carpark in the city while walking down some stairs. Some brilliant designer decided to put a 2 inch high metal strip at the base a flight of stairs so that cars wouldn't drive into the steps. I didn't see the strip, tripped over it and put out my left hand to break my fall...

Thank goodness I didn't break my arm (my super ninja training saved me) although I now have a mighty sore shoulder and have trouble lifting my arm above shoulder height. Also some very minor scrapes on my palm and knee, and some black marks on my pants. Big Grin

Oh well, going to see a physio this afternoon to see what they can do for my arm... If I'm lucky I could get to wear a sling and impress the ladies! Big Grin
Is your hair turning red?
Ok, back from the physio... she just did some ultrasound stuff, massaged my shoulder a bit and then taped it up. She says it's just some muscular inflammation... nothing to worry about.
ST, sorry to hear that. If you lived in the US, you could probably sue the owner/ maker of the stairs and you'd never have to work again... Smile
Heheh I must admit that thought did cross my mind... Big Grin
Poor man! I wish you good health.

--Don
You didn't do a dewy, I was tripped over by a physical person and broke it
Hope you get better soon ST Smile
Thanks for the well wishes everyone! Sorry, don't have a cast for people to sign.. Smile
If you were in the U.S. you'd have lawyers coming out of the woodwork. Wink
Nice new avatar, Colin! Big Grin
That's unfortunate Jules... get well soon! Smile