DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Lens Mount Adapter!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I came across this doing some googling - lens adapters! This one in particular allowed using nikon lenses on Canon bodies!

http://www.camerahacker.com/Novoflex/EOSNIK.html

Before you get too excited though, there are some caveats:

"Since the adapter does not provide any electrical contact translation, the Canon camera and the Nikon lens does not communicate with each other at all. The only electronic feature that the Canon EOS camera can perform through the Nikon lens is the through-the-lens exposure metering function. The Nikon lens has to be set to manual mode, where the aperture and focus is set on the lens."

If I'm not mistaken as well, Canon lenses have the motors built into the lenses, while Nikons are driven from the body.

Anyway, if you don't mind shooting in manual focus mode and have got a few incompatible lenses hanging around, then maybe this might be an option for you. I'd be interested to know if there are any other adapters out there - e.g. Canon <-> Pentax, Minolta <-> Nikon? Big Grin
Quote:This one in particular allowed using nikon lenses on Nikon bodies!
Nikon lenses on Nikon bodies!
Must be a Nikon idea!

Peter was looking for the Canon FD mount to EF mount, but I think it'll be expensive!
"Yet, none of them, or anyone else, has made cameras that would allow attachment of Canon, Nikon, and Minolta lenses. Interesting isn't it?"

I thought Sigma has a camera, the SD9? It can take Canon Lenses Smile
And Kodak with the 14n, the /c or the /n determines the mount. Are these not third party?
adam Wrote:Peter was looking for the Canon FD mount to EF mount, but I think it'll be expensive!

There is an inexpensive FD to EOS adapter here: http://www.adorama.com/CZFDEOSA.html

But you lose a stop of light and there's an effective 1.3x crop factor too. Oh, and manual focus only.
Good points adam - I picked that up too regarding the 3rd party cameras - i.e. Kodak. But imagine if they made a camera body that could accept lenses from all manufacturers! How awesome would that be? Big Grin