DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Melbourne Grand Prix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's supposed to be a free admission day at the Melbourne F1 Grand Prix today... and I'm stuck at my desk at work.... Sad Sad

Oh man... I wish I could just pop down for a couple of hours and snap some pix! Big Grin

The F1 practice sessions start tomorrow, but today's just some celebrity events and V8 supercar races...
I really miss F1 since moving to the USA from England... all we get here are people driving round in circles.
About 20,000 people took advantage of the free day.

Thursday normally gets around 50,000 through the gate, we had ovrer 70,000.

Apart from the local racers we also had the F1 Williams do a few laps. Smile
I came down to melbourne for the grand prix! Not just that though, a friend's wedding was on at a similar time, so I thought i'd capitalize on the situation and go to the grand prix too! Anyways, I went on the sunday for the final race, I must say, being a car enthusaist... dam... the sound of those F1 cars is unbelievable. I underestimated how fast they go too. Being under equipped (I could only wish for an L series lens Tongue), my logistics, the cloudy wheather, and the speed of these beasts, getting a good shot was pretty much close to impossible. But i had a good day nonetheless!

[Image: IMG_7019_es.jpg]
That and the bloody great fence in front of you!
I'm sure it was a good experience Lak... I must go one day... Big Grin

lol@J Big Grin
There was a fence? Tongue Big Grin
There was a fence. Did not stop me getting a couple of pix.

[Image: ford%20on%20the%20wall.jpg]
Now I'll have to work out how to post pix in the thread.

enjoy the link.
Hey mic, if you want the pic to show up, put the [ img ] [ / img ] tags around the link. Or you can just click the [ img upload ] button and then follow the directions.

Make sure you click on the [Paste code into message] link though - that'll automatically insert the tags and link into the message for you.
Nice shot though... almost looks as if you were on the track! Big Grin
Try again.
Hmmmmmmm. I'll try again later. Each BB I go to has slightly different pic posting methods.

Yes, the camera was on the track. I spoke to the teams and asked what speed the cars were doing as they passed me.

200 klicks.

Much fun indeed.