DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: What's ur buzz?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wondering what u guys play, what gear you use and what music you like listening to etc?

I play:

1) Fender telecaster thinline, I like playing jazzy bluesy, dirty heavy and weird undefined stuff on this. I play straight into the mixingboard and use GuitarRig (software) for effects. I have no amp at present.

2) Flamenco guitar, I have been studying traditional flamenco for a few years (and still know nothing). Flamenco is music that you have to learn to understand but is incredibly profound (I am not talking about gypsy kings here). I think its truely beautifull, especially to see a good live performance.

3) Cubase SX, man this program rules.. I had been completely ignoring the use of computer for music purposes for a good 7 years (after they have burgled my place and nicked all equipment). I recently got into it again and my god has it improved. No more need for stacks of synthesizers etc... the software does it all. I like using cubase for composing music ranging from electronic ambient to stressrelieving heavymetal.

I can give you loads and loads of names of the artists that I like listening to, I will tell on request since its too many to list.
Hello Jacco! Smile

I play a Tobias Pro 5, (5 string), bass, through a Carlsboro 150w combo, (1970's).
I also own an AXL Tiger Pro 5 string bass, which is purely for abusing.

I've only played bass for 11 months, having played drums, (mostly), on and off for 32 years.
I sell music, in small, (very small), quantities through an agent. That music was written, performed and recorded by me using a Roland keyboard, and Roland JV2080 module. All mixed and matched in Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.

I dont write anymore............................ It's a long story, but the music still sells.........
Hey there...

I play mostly Christian music (praise and worship) on my Fender Squier Affinity Telecaster (bright red!) and a Laney 65W amp. I did a few years of classical guitar through primary and high school but got bored and gave it up. Big Grin

The flamenco stuff sounds interesting... I'm sure it's pretty romantic! Big Grin

Hey jacco you should share some of your songs for us to hear! (PM me if you're keen - I can allocate some server space for you) Big Grin
- Epiphone classical guitar - lots of practice over years and years but I know nothing

- Ibanez Artcore AXD81 semi-hollow body Les Paul style through a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT modeling amp

- When I'm not practicing scales and chord progressions ad nauseum, I play some blues, British Invasion (Who, Yardbirds), classic rock (all-time favorite band is Rush), the riff from "Black Dog" over and over at varying speeds (darned 6/8 time!), and I listen to harder Christian rock bands (Kutless, Switchfoot, Building 429, among others)

- I want a 12-string acoustic!
Rush is your all time fav? Awesome! They're from my home city. Too bad Alex Lifeson is such a bad boy these days.
Quote:The flamenco stuff sounds interesting... I'm sure it's pretty romantic!

Ehrm well I don't think it would be reffered to as romantic. Allthough Flamenco comes in many different "styles" and some are more slow and romantic, others are really fast and uplifting.

I don't mind sharing some music with you, but since I recently got into cubase again, let me first make something decent Smile
When I have time I will try to compose a song especially for shuttertalk Smile or try to record some romantic flamenco stuff Big Grin
jacco Wrote:When I have time I will try to compose a song especially for shuttertalk Smile

Aww... how romantic! Big Grin
Petographer Wrote:Rush is your all time fav? Awesome! They're from my home city. Too bad Alex Lifeson is such a bad boy these days.

I saw them in August for their 30th anniversary tour. It was funny to be around all these 40-something air guitarists in the audience!

Lifeson's just having a midlife crisis. They were always such a tame group, and now he's playing the spoiled rock star role. Rolleyes Big Grin
Heyo jaco. I play a Maton MS500 electric. I've had a few small amps but my current one is a 15W Fender Blues Junior Tweed edition. Nice little tyke if I do say so myself... I also play through a Boss GT6, although I find that with the Fender amp, I'm moving towards the "less-is-more" school of effects.

I also have an Ayers 6 -string acoustic with a Fishman pickup installed, which I picked up for a steal. Refurbed guitar, but you wouldn't know it if you played it. I play that through an Aphex Acoustic Exciter and straight to PA.

Been playing for around 15 years and I listen to mostly rock music, although I like blues and jazz too. Recently I've been listening to Van Halen and Kiss, heheheh....