DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: SOYA (spirit of Youth Awards)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There is a competition going on which gathers many talents of youth around Australia ...
There is a photography section and some of you might be interested in submitting some work .. i nearly forgot all about it... Details are as below ...

Quote:: QANTAS SPIRIT OF YOUTH AWARDS :
Digital or analogue, colour or black & white. We want to see what life is like through your lens. Themes and topics are totally up to you.

: INCENTIVE :
The winner of this category will receive a $5000 cash grant, $5000 worth of travel and professional mentoring by respected photographer and Qantas ambassador Ken Duncan

: TO SUBMIT :
Fill in the submission form attached below and include a high quality digital copy (on CD or ZIP disc) or hard copy of your work. All digital images should be saved at original size as 300dpi TIFF IBM PC files. Hard copies should be sent at original size but no larger than A4. Please do not send originals as submissions will not be returned. Please note that an individual submission is not limited to one single photograph; it might be a series of shots.

To help us processs your work more effectively, please indicate the submission category on your envelope. If submitting to more than one category, please use seperate submission forms and envelopes.

Alternatively, you can submit online by going to the Noise homepage and selecting your desired category (ie. Photography). Register, upload a passport size portrait image and simply follow the instructions to attach your work.

: IMPORTANT DATES :
Submissions Open: 01/05/04
Submissions Close: 26/07/04(extended to 13/08)

(quoted from noise.net.au)

for more information ..and to register yourself and submit artwork, visit Noise
if i can win this .. imagine .. a 5k cash grant for camera equip .. and proffessional mentoring ...

submissions close in just over a week ... so enter what uve taken ...
just remember to take note of the file specifications..

Big Grin

ps. i thinks this is onli for aussies..
Heres the Terms of Entry

Quote:1. Information on each category for Music, Words, Photography, Fashion Design, Industrial Design, Pictures and Moving Pictures (“Categories”) is set out in the SOYA Guidebook. The information in the Guidebook forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.

2. The Promoter is Noise 072 697 075 of Suite 303, Level 3 19a Boundary St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010.

3. The competition commences at May 1st 2004 and will close Monday 2nd August as set out in the Guidebook.

4. Entry is open only to citizens or permanent residents of Australia, aged 25 years and under.

5. How to enter each Category is set out in the Guidebook.

6. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.

7. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners.

8. The are seven (7) prizes (one prize for each Category). Each prize includes a $5,000 cash grant from Qantas $5,000 worth of Qantas airfares and mentoring by a creative industry professional as set out in the Guidebook. There will be one (1) winner per Category.

9. The winners will be chosen by the Promoter on 2nd October 2004. The most creative and original decided by category judges entry for each Category will win the prize for that Category. Entrants are invited to submit as many works as they like therefore it is possible that the same person might win more than one category. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.

10. The total prize value is up to AUD$70,000 based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.

11. The prizes do not include accommodation, travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, spending money, taxes not included in the price of the tickets, ground transportation, or any other costs of a personal nature not stated. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of each prize winner.

12. Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking. The winner and any nominated guest will not accrue Qantas Frequent Flyer points on the prize travel.

13. Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services and all travel must be completed by 31 October 2005, and will not be extended under any circumstances. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated. There can be no changes made to travel arrangements once tickets are issued. If the prize is not utilised as stated it will be forfeited.

14. The winners will be notified by phone and confirmed in writing by post. The winners name will be published on the noise website and in The Australian newpaper in October 2004.

15. Winners under the age of 18 will require a letter of consent from their parent/guardian, before they can collect prizes.

16. The Promoter reserves the right to award a prize to the next best entry in the event an entrant is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize.

17. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. Qantas and Noise are granted a non-exclusive license in perpetuity to utiliise each submission in whole or in part for any promotional/archiveal purposes.

18. The Copyright of the submission remains with the entrant.

if your over 25 you cant enter ^^
peter Wrote:if your over 25 you cant enter ^^

Doooh! Sad
are you over 25 ? ...
Hehe, unfortunately. Smile
So for all of those under 25 ...
put together your best photos and enter them in before the close of entry.
Dont forge tthat they want 300dpi TIFF files ^^
I tinhk I strill got a few years till I am 25 =),
GOing to look for some shots now =)
uauhahaha .. yeah ...
i dontthink ill win ..
but its worth a shot ..
ohh wellz..
off to uni nows ...
I KNOW I won't win, but I'll try =)
hey ... you neva know hey ...
i guess its worth a go ...
when you submit ..they actually will process and decide whether they will approve it ...
at least you can see if your photos are good enough to submit ^^
Go dewy! Make us proud! Big Grin
I hope I will =)
Where is my Shuttertalk uniform? I wanna be in my blues and yellows comingover tha finish line =)
auhauhuha ... nice..
mabye i should make a shutter talk Tshirt print .. .. kekek
Go all you youngens...
yes yes... design a cool ST tshirt...
I'll only buy it if it is cool funky... tis imperative to maintain my image Big Grin
uhahua
il lthink about it ..
when it comes to design ... i suck ~_~
if i think of somehting cool .. i might make a Tshirt printing screen with it ..
Cool, let us know if you come up with anything... Smile
will do ...

do you have any official logo ?
It's over very soon, I better go through my pictures and find something fitting the categories, or look over the categories and go out to take pictures just for the competition Smile
WIll have to think of something soon, and fast, maybe I'll dream something while I sleep, because I was just about to go to sleep and found that my net works, so im still up at the moment Sad
NEW NOTICE ... .
about the submission ..
TIFF submissions are only if you are submitting a CD ...
they actually want JPEG submissions for online ...
So make the Quality as good as possible under 1MB ^_^

good news for me ...
LESS work playing with JPEGs then tiffs

Quote:Hi Peter,

If oyu are uploading your work to the website, please upload your images as jpegs and save as a jpeg file type. Only save your work as TIFFs if you are sending it on on a disc to us. As long as your image is of a high resolution and a good printable size, it doesn’t really matter what its specific dimensions are.

Hope this helps.

Cheers bre

Breanne Squires

Suite 303, Level 3, 19a Boundary St

Darlinghurst NSW 2010

T: [61 2] 8353 6912

F: [61 2] 8353 6999

E: breanne@noise.net.au

(taken from an email i got from SOYA)

Ps.
Dont forget the submission Date has been extended to 13th of August ^__^
All the best, Shuttertalkers! Smile
OH NO! NO WONDER THEY AREN'T ACCEPTING MY PICTURES"PENDING" GAHAGAHAGHAGAGAGHAGAGAGHAGHAGHAGHAGHAGAHGHAGHA
ILL SUBMIT SOON! WHEN I GET HOME!~~~
hahha
sorry havent been posting recently, been busy with uni and a dead internet at home
hrmm.. i should submit my photos..
gotta find which ones i wanna submit though..
you sorted your submissions yet adam?
I've submitted a few, so they want me to submit as JPEG??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
how big? just 1mb?? should we put on CD or what?!

Peter, submit that one of "look out for trains"
thats GOOD Big Grin
uhauha yeah ..
ill submit a few on friday .. cant be bothered doing it now ..
yeah ..
each submission can be up to 100kb in size ...
it tells you when you try and submit it ..
Pages: 1 2