DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Tamrac 5749 Velocity 9 Pro Sling Pack Camera Bag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone ever see a good deal on this pack or the 5747? Even in Oz ?
B&H has it for 57.95... is that cheap?

Are you hoping to buy one? Why this one in particular?
Yes, I'd like to buy one. It seems to hold all the toys and I like the idea of a back pack instead of a shoulder bag. With this particular style you can just swing it around from behind and pull out your camera. Very functional.
Hey that sounds cool - you won't have to unshoulder your bag to take your equipment out. Let us know if / when / where you get one... Big Grin
shuttertalk Wrote:Hey that sounds cool - you won't have to unshoulder your bag to take your equipment out. Let us know if / when / where you get one... Big Grin

I will. I'll likely buy that one. I might have my Tamron Tele-converter sold. If I do I'll order one. I know Toadster has a back pack but I can't remember which one.
Here is what it looks like on Tamrac's site. Very cool. Big Grin http://www.tamrac.com/5749.htm
It would be interesting to see what bags everyone uses for their gear.

I have a LowePro Nova 4, bought it for my video camera gear but using it for the SLR gear now.

[Image: LowePro%20Nova%204.jpg]
LowePro Nova 3 and LowePro Mini Trekker backpack.
The Mini Trekker backpack looks good, what is the side padding like? I also note that they are around US$60 and the Australian stores have them for $159.00 not a bad mark up. :o
Side padding is good. It's a very nice pack overall. I got it because it also has a roomy front pouch for a rain poncho, diapers and sippy cups, etc. And it looks like a backpack, not a camera bag, so it may not get as much notice from thieves... Smile

Mine is the AW (all weather) version. It has a built-in rain cover, which has been very useful! Not water proof, but resistant.

Overall it's almost too big though, and I'm thinking about getting the micro trekker for shorter day trips.
I was using a small Quantaray shoulder bag, just had enough room for one body and 2 lenses. When I bought my second Camera I looked around and decided I preferred the shoulder bags and saw a Canon branded large shoulder bag for only $60 USD.

This is a nylon finish bag in black with a silver stripe across the front and silver metal fasteners. The compartments are adjustable. Unfortunately with what i have crammed in there it isn't possible to leave a lens on either camera.

This currently holds:-
Digital Rebel
Rebel 2000 35mm
50 mm prime
28-80 mm
18-55 mm
70-300 mm
2 x Teleconverter
Bulb blower
Mini-tripod
tranfer cables
Spare battery
Spare CF cards
2 rolls of 35mm
camera manuals (in case I ever read them)
8*25 binoculars
And finally my tripod straps to the outside.
Petographer Wrote:I know Toadster has a back pack but I can't remember which one.

If I'm not mistaken, Toadster uses the Kata R102 photo rucksack....
Oh yes, I remember now. The review. Memory is short. Second shortest thing I have. Tongue
I sold my Tamron 2x tele-converter on E-bay for what I paid for it. Woohoo! As soon as I get payment I'm buying my new bag. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Oh boy, new toy. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

http://www.tamrac.com/welcome2.htm
I just recieved my Tamrac Velocity 9 today. I must say I am very pleased. It allows me to access my camera quickly and take images while keeping my hands free. I loaded it with all my gear, put it on and found it to be comfortable. The shoulder strap is heavily padded Much better than the pain in the but shoulder bag I was using. That thing was just always an inconvenience when taking photos.
I bought it from this little place in Quebec http://www.photo-co.com/SecureStore/c599...608.2.html After tax and shipping it came to $63.77 CAD. The best deal I could find.
Great stuff Pet-o! Big Grin