DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Which camera???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone...well I've been so disillusioned with posting to the web that I've decided to cave to pressure and buy a new camera...the question is which one???

I currently own a Canon EOS 3. That's right a beautiful film camera...however, I look at the images once they are scanned and just want to cry...the images are good...and I don't hesitate to post photos to family (hardcopy prints) but I want to get good looking images out there quicker. I email photos to mum and she wants to know what I'm so pleased with!

Like most of you I find I always want to take that picture that I've just seen...but it looses the appeal when I have to go and develop it (then the enlarger is broken so I have to PAY someone else to develop it). enough of my bitch session.

I have the choice between an EOS 20D and the 350D. A lot of you have listed in other forums that you have a 300D or 350D, but how does the 20D compare to the 350D??? Which camera would you buy??? I'm still learning...but I love the experimentation that I can do with the EOS3...I can do anything that I want...should I just go for the 20D??

Thoughts??
I am not overly familiar with EOS film cameras (last one was a T70), but from what I have read and learnt the EOS 3 specs/capabilities would match a 20D more than a 350D. If you can afford the 20D, that would be my preference in your situation....

my 2c worth!!
Hey mez.... congrats on the decision to go digital!

I think we had a thread just here recently, when Kombisaurus was agonising over the same quesiton - 350d or 20d.

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2307

I think he ended up getting the 350d.

Personally I would get the 350d but that's because of budget constraints - but that's just me.
Thanks so much for pointing me towards that topic...it has definately answered quite a few questions for me...

...hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have a new camera and something decient to look at Big Grin
Let us know how you go Mez. Smile

I think with either you can't go wrong - it just depends on your budget and priorities.

I'm very happy with my 350D and don't really miss the extra things the 20D offers (and love the lens I bought with the price difference)... but I'm sure if I had bought the 20D I would still be just as happy to have spent the extra money on the camera, even if it meant I had to wait to afford a 2nd lens.