DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Star Wars 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok who's a star wars fan? They've already started selling tickets to the premier of Revenge of the Sith, which opens on the 19th of May over here...

Anyone going? Anyone got tickets already:? Big Grin I'm a huge star wars fan but I don't *have* to be the first one to see it the millisecond it opens... Big Grin

I can't wait though... I remember pulling out my father's "cache" of novels as a kid, and reading empire strikes back from cover to cover. ah, the memories Big Grin
Loved the first three (IV, V and VI); was very bored by Phantom Menace, didn't even bother to see Clones. Probably won't see Sith either.

Have you noticed that the acronym of episode three is rots?
Big Grin
Saw Star Wars (IV) on opening day (now that ages me) And like Slej, loved the first 3, I too saw Phantom menace, and haven't seen the others.

Don't know if I am going to bother.
I can’t wait. The fight seen will be so good. I like all the movies. After watching episodes 1 and 2 you look at darth Vader a little differently. I think the problem with the new movies is we have such fond memories of the first 3 that we have built them up so high. That the new ones could never meet our expectations. I will agree that the first three were better, but I don't think the new ones are as bad as some perceive them to be. Episode I was abut laying the ground for the next 2 movies. Don't you want to know how the sith took over and how anikin fell to the dark side.

Teddy
They were showing episodes IV, V and VI on Sunday nights on TV for the last 3 weeks now. I watched them and love the storylines but some of the effects look a bit cheesy (and explainably so).

1 and 2 are not so bad. Some scenes I admit, I couldn't sit through 2nd time round, but the huge battle scenes are worth waiting for (especially in no. 2).

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how Anakin goes over and how the republic turns into the empire. #2 is so full of portents of things to come - troop ships that look like star destroyers, clones bear an uncanny resemblance to storm troopers, and the droid leader, General Grevious that looks and sounds so much like Darth Vader.. etc.
I'm not much of a star wars fan, but i have followed the movies a few times... or maybe i'm just in denial. Tongue I'll be definately watching the next instalment when it comes out!
I saw the trailer/preview at the movies last week, looks like it will be good.
[Image: 2_tnbomb%20PLUSgrey.jpg]
No way, you're just sad cos there is no puppies in the films.
I am dying to see it. I have all the movies on VHS and DVD and I'll get this one too. But my son and I will renew our youth together this Summer.

--Don
Peted Wrote:No way, you're just sad cos there is no puppies in the films.

Oh??? I thought everyone who bought the films was "sold a pup."

Tongue
I had the privilege of seeing the original episodes IV, V, & VI in theatre in 1984 when Jedi (VI) was released. My neighbourhood theatre played all three in one day and my Dad and I went. I was so disappointed when they re-released them in theatres a few years ago - I was no longer the only person I knew my age that had seen them in theatre... (I was 9, btw)

Anyway, I am looking forward to III but the release date sucks for me because I'm going to Chicago for 6 days on the 19th, and won't be able to catch it while I'm there... I'm hoping to catch the midnight showing on the 18th... I'd really hate to wait a week to see it!
Rufus Wrote:
Peted Wrote:No way, you're just sad cos there is no puppies in the films.

Oh??? I thought everyone who bought the films was "sold a pup."

Tongue

I am guessing you are not a Trekky either. Tongue

You're waiting fir the new 101/2/3 Dalmations aren't you? Big Grin
ACTUALLY

Star Trek, DS9 etc are my favourite progs. So there! Tongue
Never got the point of DS9, but Dr Who with K9, now there's a series, especially the ones with Tom Baker. Have not seen any of the new series though but it's supposed to be okay.
I must say that DS9 took a little getting used to, but it soon "grew" on me.

As for Dr Who, I reserve judgement; 3 episodes and only 1 good one so far..........
Sad Not as OK as you might think....the new Dr has very little "mystique" and is far too ordinary. The scriptwriters attempts to add humour are pretty juvenile and some of the lines the characters are given are impossible to deliver any way other than "ham".
It has some potential, but as the actor playing the new Dr announced that he was quitting due to fear of being typecast the same day the first episode was broadcast I'm afraid I'm losing interest. Apart from anything else you'd think he'd have thought about that before taking on the role, and while Dr Who has had many faces/personalities I think more than one series is needed for each incarnation! (Plus there's a limit of 12 new bodies for the Dr so this guy's just severely shortened the overall lifespan!).

--NN
Some of the characters in DS9 were okay-ish.

Have the kept the cheesy look for Dr Who? If not then they will have failed, cos that was one of the attrations.

I am just looking and trying to work out the time at your end of the world, late at night, yesterday I see.

Cheers.
Rufus Wrote:I must say that DS9 took a little getting used to, but it soon "grew" on me.

As for Dr Who, I reserve judgement; 3 episodes and only 1 good one so far..........

I watched all three with Rufus and when I saw this post I thought there surely hadn't been three...I couldn't remember three stories...but there you go, says it all really.....instantly forgettable. NOT the best impression to have and certainly not how it was with the original. There are still episodes from the first series with William Hartnell as the Dr that stick in my mind, and I was only 3 years old when I saw them!

--NN
Thats sad, perhaps the actor should stay and the writers should leave???
I had wondered about Dr Who, it was a childhood favourite of mine. Unless ROTS is a dark and menacing movie like IV-VI I don't think I'll bother with it, Ja Ja binks is a tool and whiny little Anakin was almost as bad as watching McCaulay Culkin in Home Alone.
I try to look past some of the bad bits like Ja Ja binks and whiny little Anakin, have to agree they were both bad. :o
Dr.... who?

Peted, you're right about Anakin and Jar Jar - they are quite annoying. I know with the 1st movie some fans cut a version without the funny bits in it to make it a more serious film. But then again - I can't help but think as well that IV, V and VI had elements of humour in them too. Take the ewoks for example, and the droids...
Jar Jar I can handle... the worst SW scene of all time, however, is in episode II when Anakin and Amidala have their little romp in the meadow... PAINFUL!!
shuttertalk Wrote:Dr.... who?

Peted, you're right about Anakin and Jar Jar - they are quite annoying. I know with the 1st movie some fans cut a version without the funny bits in it to make it a more serious film. But then again - I can't help but think as well that IV, V and VI had elements of humour in them too. Take the ewoks for example, and the droids...

I always thought they did R2D2 and C3PO really well, the others, well sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

Anyway I am off to the local shopping centre, my daughter wants to get her ears pierced, oh the pain.
Pages: 1 2 3