DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: LCD Hoods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone used these before?
http://www.hoodmanusa.com/hoods.asp

They look kinda geeky to me, but I imagine that it must be an absolute joy to use outdoors in bright sunshine...
Yes. I think I mentioned before that I made one out of a magnfier hood that came with my old Miranda Sensorex. I also made one from a small magnifying loupe and a slide viewer minus the white back. I strung two loops of shoe-lace around the magnifyer and attached them over the lens extender at the top and bottom. I secured these with wide elastic bands (purchased in a sewing store). The loops allow me to tighten the viewer when it gets loose.

These viewers make my point-and-shoot function like an DSLR, providing the equivalent of a digital viewer. Forgive me guys, this is one of my favorite subjects.

Here are some exhibits.
[Image: hood1.jpg]
[Image: hood2.jpg]
[Image: hood3.jpg]
[Image: hood5.jpg]

Another viewer I made (out of service now).
[Image: hood4.jpg]
Groovy! Big Grin Very ingenious! Big Grin
Hey, whatever works. I'm comfortable enough just using my hand to shadow the sun but really, it isn't that important to me.
If you use the LCD, there is no shade that is really adequate except the eye.
wow good job! I just love seeing DIY mods to camera's! Gives them character! Tongue
So do I. I love the feel of a well-used camera.

--Don