DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Waist level LCD viewer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Spotted this on Engadget - a waist-level viewfinder allowing low elevation shots to be taken with a digital camera from the waist, or where the camera has to be near the ground:

· Instantly attachable screen viewer suitable for most digital cameras.
· The Zenon WL Viewer flips the screen image position by 90degrees (and inverts) – the image appears to be protruding directly out from the lower edge of the screen.
· A high-technology lens/reflector produces an image brightness almost as bright as the camera screen itself and with added image contrast.
· The Zenon WL Viewer improves the screen image contrast considerably. Viewing angle is good and image distortion is low. Screen colours are faithfully reproduced.
Another toy. I suppose the die hard brownie users would love this one. Big Grin
The LCD on my A2 already does that.
Yeah, I suppose it's nothing new to those with flip and twist / or flip LCDs. Big Grin
I made something like this for my wife who has limited arm mobility. But mine is made of cheap base metal and I fear it will bend (It's just a small tilted mirror attached to the tripod socket). This one looks pretty solid. How much is 18 pounds in Canadian dollars?
--Don
Probably around $45-50.
Thanks Peted.