DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: Feeling proud!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Over at another photo forum some of you know of, a few of us put our heads together for a neck strap that is being sold basically non-profit. The strap has a logo screened onto it that was designed by moi. Big Grin I'm feeling quite proud and I haven't even recieved one yet. Almost 1000 of these straps have been sold. Amazing. Here is a link to the official thread if any of you are interested in reading about it. http://photography-on-the.net/forum/show...ge=1&pp=20 Btw, I'm known as Conk on this forum. Smile
Please be aware that in no way is this a spam post. It is merely to tell of my participation and that these are non-profit.
Hey cool! Well done on your design! Who organised the manufacture and printing stuff?

That's an awesome idea... maybe we should have some Shuttertalk neck straps too Smile
Cool stuff Mr Conk!
Congratulation Smile I like the design, it is very elegant.
Who you calling an Elephant? :o
Thanks for your words people. You too Ruf. :/ Smile

shuttertalk Wrote:Hey cool! Well done on your design! Who organized the manufacture and printing stuff?

That's an awesome idea... maybe we should have some Shuttertalk neck straps too Smile

The braintrust involved is Ian, Sheldon, Conk and Pekka. Philip Casciola is taking on the responsibility of receiving the orders and shipping everything out. Poor guy is going to have the biggest job sending a 1000 of these. :o Pekka is the forum owner.

If you are interested in putting something of the sort together Julian, let me know. Maybe t-shirts or hats. They're reasonably cheaper and appeal to a wider range of folk in my opinion. P.O.T.N. has a huge member base. Most people, like myself, ordered one without really needing it. I pretty happy with my Tamrac neoprene neck strap. I'll likely use the other one on my camera case if I can.

One great thing about the whole idea is that when ordering there is an option to donate to the forum to help cover server costs and suck. At P.O.T.N. I'll bet 99% of those people donated between $5.00-$10.00. That's a lot of money. If anything, this is something you may want to consider.