DSLR Photography Forum

Full Version: New Slide Show: "Dreams of the Past"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Photos taken in the late 1960s and early 1970s form my slide show, "Dreams of The Past." Please enjoy it.

http://members.shaw.ca/theschaeffers/past/index.html
Well done Don! Fascinating retrospective - poignant and yet upbeat.

I really enjoyed it.
g'day Don,

I echo Toad there, well done...........I am only new but I know you better already Big Grin

Cheers Russ

ps worth the dial up download.....hahaha
Yes, very well done. Excellent.
Great choice of music, matches the images very well.
Beautiful work Don. Full of precious moments in your life. I like the music as well.

Thanks for sharing Smile
Wow thanks guys. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

How long did it take to download on the dial-up, Russ?
That was simply FANTASTIC Don! The music was catchy and fitting and I found myself tapping along with the beat. It also brings to mind, the importance of taking "photos". Sometimes I think too much of what we do is set up and staged. Candids are the "soul of photography"... or so I think.

They bring to life, our life. Its what memories are made of.

Great job.
I was really glad I saved hundreds of photos. Back in the late 60s before the advent of computers and internet, I never dreamed I would ever have the ability to make a slide show that scores of strangers would see and (according to comments) enjoy.

--Don
Part of the joy Don, is that I think we can relate it to ourselves in a round about way.

As a sidenote, music is a powerful tool. You hit the nail with both.
I agree with everyone Don... Your slide show was really lovely!

The viewer doesn't need to personally know all the people in the photos to be touched by the personal nature of them or feel privileged to get a peek inside someone else's life and memories. The image choices and sequencing were wonderful, and the music accompanying it was a genius decision - the images and music compliment each other perfectly and the music seems to span the decades included in the slideshow seamlessly.

I love it when a plan comes together, and you've obviously put a lot of thought into this little project.... and it was well worth it.

I particularly like Jericho's statement about Candids being the soul of photography... I wholeheartedly agree.
Hey I finally found the time to view the slideshow this morning. Well done Don! Certainly a lot of important memories there.

Makes you really want to cherish life itself and all the important relationships in life...
Right on Don! Excellent! I was disappointed when it ended. I wanted to see and hear more. I also agree with Jerry's interpretation of candids. I want to thank you for sharing those little tidbits of your past and as Irma said, precious moments.
Thanks Peto
Very cool Don!
Not much I can add to what everyone else has said, I really thought it was great.
Thank you Peted.